The Polish Pasta Bake is a mouthwatering blend that’s sure to win over your guests and family. It seamlessly marries traditional Polish flavors with the inviting warmth of a classic bake, making every bite a delightful experience. I fondly recall my first encounter with this culinary delight. It was during a visit to Poland, where my aunt presented this delectable dish for dinner. The luscious sauce, rich sausage, and the crispy top layer synergized beautifully. I was adamant about preserving the recipe to share with my loved ones back home.
Delectable Polish Pasta Bake
1.5 lbs smoked Polish sausage (kielbasa), sliced
4 cups penne pasta
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
2.5 cups milk
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon garlic powder
16 oz jar of sauerkraut, rinsed and well-drained
3 cups Swiss cheese, grated (set aside half for layering)
Salt and pepper, as desired
Boil the pasta per the guidelines on the package until it reaches al dente. Once done, drain and keep aside.
In a spacious pan, melt butter on medium flame. Add flour and stir, cooking until it takes on a faint golden hue (typically 1-2 minutes).
Slowly infuse the milk, continuing to stir. Keep doing so until the mix thickens.
Move the pan off the burner. Blend in the sour cream, garlic powder, and Dijon mustard to the mix.
Warm up the oven to 375°F (or 190°C).
Using a 9×13 baking dish, initiate the layering: start with pasta, followed by sauerkraut, kielbasa slices, and then a portion of the Swiss cheese.
Drench this with half the sauce you prepared earlier.
Repeat the layering process with the remaining pasta, sauerkraut, kielbasa, cheese, and sauce.
Once set, pop the baking dish into the oven for about 30 minutes. The cheese should be molten and the dish should bubble when ready.
Let it settle a bit post baking. Serve the scrumptious Polish Pasta Bake and relish its flavors!
YOU MAY LIKE ALSO…..
- Delicious Beetroot and Lemon Juice Cleans Colon Waste and Loses Weight
- This is one of my favorite dishes ever. Every time I make a batch, it’s gone in minutes
- PECAN PIE CHEESECAKE RECIPE
- Perk Up Your taste Buds With Perfectly Parmesan Chicken Casserole
- Cornish Beef Pasties
- Tuna stuffed deviled eggs
- Mama’s Cornbread Dressing
- INDIAN FRYBREAD RECIPE
- This recipe is better than most Chinese takeout versions
- Slow Cooker Green Chile Chicken Casserol
- The Best Crispy Roast Potatoes Ever Recipe
- Stuffing Balls
- MOM’S FAMOUS CREAM PUFFS
- Brown Sugar Carmel Pound Cake
- Banana Bread Brownies
- Yorkshire puddings
- This is one of my all-time favorite dishes, and it never fails to impress
- LOADED CAJUN POTATO
- Wrap potatoes in tin foil and put in crock pot. Enjoy this lip-smacking result
- My mother-in-law made this for dinner, and it was an absolute sensation, had to score the recipe
- I make this recipe often and everyone always raves about them
- This recipe only lasted 30 mins in my house
- Easy Creamy Corn Casserole
- CHEESY TACO CASSEROLE
- THREE CHEESE BEEF LASAGNA
- I’ve yet to attend a party where this isn’t an instant hit with everyone
- Pioneer Woman Sausage Gravy
- Limoncello Tiramisu
- Pillsbury Crescent Roll Taco Bake
- Stove Top Meatloaf
- Caramel Pecan Dream Bars
- This is my hubby’s fave dish, but I’m often in a crunch and have no time for anything fancy. This recipe is like a cheat code