- 3 cups / 13 1/2 ounces flour (all purpose)
- 2 cups sugar (granulated)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk or fermented milk
- 1 cup butter (room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Preheat oven 325°F .
Generously greased & flour a 12-c Bundt pan or 10-inch tube pan.
In large bowl, combine flour, 2 cups sugar, salt, baking powder and club soda, buttermilk, 1 cup butter, 2 teaspoons vanilla and eggs; beat on low speed until moistened. Increase mixer speed to medium and beat for about 3 more minutes. Spoon batter to cake pan also spreading evenly.
Bake the cake in the preheated oven for 55 to 65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over low heat, combine the 3/4 cup sugar, 1/3 cup butter, 3 tablespoons water and 2 teaspoons vanilla; cook, stirring, until butter is melted. Do not bring blend to boil.
Remove the cake to a wire rack and, while still in the pan, pierce with a fork or skewer. Pour the hot butter sauce over the hot cake.
YOU MAY LIKE ALSO…..
- Delicious Beetroot and Lemon Juice Cleans Colon Waste and Loses Weight
- This is one of my favorite dishes ever. Every time I make a batch, it’s gone in minutes
- PECAN PIE CHEESECAKE RECIPE
- Perk Up Your taste Buds With Perfectly Parmesan Chicken Casserole
- Cornish Beef Pasties
- Tuna stuffed deviled eggs
- Mama’s Cornbread Dressing
- INDIAN FRYBREAD RECIPE
- This recipe is better than most Chinese takeout versions
- Slow Cooker Green Chile Chicken Casserol
- The Best Crispy Roast Potatoes Ever Recipe
- Stuffing Balls
- MOM’S FAMOUS CREAM PUFFS
- Brown Sugar Carmel Pound Cake
- Banana Bread Brownies
- Yorkshire puddings
- This is one of my all-time favorite dishes, and it never fails to impress
- LOADED CAJUN POTATO
- Wrap potatoes in tin foil and put in crock pot. Enjoy this lip-smacking result
- My mother-in-law made this for dinner, and it was an absolute sensation, had to score the recipe
- I make this recipe often and everyone always raves about them
- This recipe only lasted 30 mins in my house
- Easy Creamy Corn Casserole
- CHEESY TACO CASSEROLE
- THREE CHEESE BEEF LASAGNA
- I’ve yet to attend a party where this isn’t an instant hit with everyone
- Pioneer Woman Sausage Gravy
- Limoncello Tiramisu
- Pillsbury Crescent Roll Taco Bake
- Stove Top Meatloaf
- Caramel Pecan Dream Bars
- This is my hubby’s fave dish, but I’m often in a crunch and have no time for anything fancy. This recipe is like a cheat code