- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons applesauce
- 2 large Granny Smith or Honey Crisp apples peeled, cored, and diced
- Canola oil for frying
For The Glaze
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Place cooling racks over baking sheets covered in wax paper. Set aside.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in medium bowl.
- Make a well in the center and add 1/3 cup milk, eggs, and applesauce.
- Stir just to combine.
- Fold in apples.
- Heat 1 ½ – 2 inches of oil in heavy cast iron skillet, Dutch oven, or deep fryer to 375°F.
- Drop about 1/4 cup of batter per fritter into hot oil; spreading it out as you drop.
- Cook each side until golden brown; approximately 2 minutes per side.
- Remove to paper towels to drain.
Make the Glaze
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup milk, confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla.
- Dunk each fritter in the glaze turning over to make sure both sides coated.
- Place on the wire racks to air dry and drip.
Be careful not to over-mix the batter as it may make the fritters tough.
Don’t overcrowd the pan when frying so the donuts cook evenly, and the oil temperature is easier to maintain.
Using a candy thermometer to maintain the correct temperature of the oil is important.
A Dutch oven or cast-iron skillet helps the oil hold temperature.
Try to maintain a constant temperature of 375° F. When you add the batter, the temperature will drop slightly – increase the heat a tad. Then, when you remove the fritters from the oil the temperature will increase so you will need to turn the heat down a bit.
Remove the fried fritters to paper towels to drain excess oil.
Store the cooled cooked fritters wrapped loosely in paper towels in a brown paper bag. This will keep them fresh longer.
YOU MAY LIKE ALSO…..
- Delicious Beetroot and Lemon Juice Cleans Colon Waste and Loses Weight
- This is one of my favorite dishes ever. Every time I make a batch, it’s gone in minutes
- PECAN PIE CHEESECAKE RECIPE
- Perk Up Your taste Buds With Perfectly Parmesan Chicken Casserole
- Cornish Beef Pasties
- Tuna stuffed deviled eggs
- Mama’s Cornbread Dressing
- INDIAN FRYBREAD RECIPE
- This recipe is better than most Chinese takeout versions
- Slow Cooker Green Chile Chicken Casserol
- The Best Crispy Roast Potatoes Ever Recipe
- Stuffing Balls
- MOM’S FAMOUS CREAM PUFFS
- Brown Sugar Carmel Pound Cake
- Banana Bread Brownies
- Yorkshire puddings
- This is one of my all-time favorite dishes, and it never fails to impress
- LOADED CAJUN POTATO
- Wrap potatoes in tin foil and put in crock pot. Enjoy this lip-smacking result
- My mother-in-law made this for dinner, and it was an absolute sensation, had to score the recipe
- I make this recipe often and everyone always raves about them
- This recipe only lasted 30 mins in my house
- Easy Creamy Corn Casserole
- CHEESY TACO CASSEROLE
- THREE CHEESE BEEF LASAGNA
- I’ve yet to attend a party where this isn’t an instant hit with everyone
- Pioneer Woman Sausage Gravy
- Limoncello Tiramisu
- Pillsbury Crescent Roll Taco Bake
- Stove Top Meatloaf
- Caramel Pecan Dream Bars
- This is my hubby’s fave dish, but I’m often in a crunch and have no time for anything fancy. This recipe is like a cheat code