Looking for a way to revolutionize your taco night? Here’s the solution. Say goodbye to crumbly taco shells and cold taco meat. We’ve remodeled the traditional taco night into a warm, hearty casserole dish. Trust us, it’s the perfect fix you’ve been searching for!
The major shift from standard tacos is the use of biscuit mix instead of regular tacos or tortillas. With conventional chips or taco shells, you’re often left with a soggy base once the toppings are loaded. Our discovery of biscuit dough as a substitute seemed like a culinary eureka moment! The dough integrates smoothly with the beef while offering enough firmness to handle all the toppings your heart desires. So don’t hold back, make your dream taco casserole a reality!
Our version embraces the typical ingredients of sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, olives, and cheese – oh, how irresistible it is! You could begin with cheese, tomatoes, and olives, followed by lettuce and sour cream to slightly melt the cheese. But we found our sequence of toppings delectably pleasing and aesthetically appealing, so we’ve decided to stick with it. With your spiced beef, substantial biscuit base, sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, olives, and cheese, each scoop offers a perfect taco serving. What more could you ask for? Absolutely nothing!
2 pounds ground beef
1 packet (1 oz.) taco seasoning
3/4 cup whole milk
1 3/4 cups biscuit mix or bisquick
1/2 cup sour cream
2 cups shredded or chopped lettuce
1 cup finely chopped tomatoes
2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
Preheat the oven to 400º F (200º C) and lightly spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and milk until they are combined. Stir in the biscuit mix, salt, and pepper (if using), and set this aside.
Season the beef with salt and pepper, and then cook it until it is browned. Drain the fat and mix in the taco seasoning.
Spread the beef evenly in the greased baking dish, then pour the biscuit mix on top, spreading it evenly over the beef.
Place the baking dish in the oven and bake it until the biscuit layer turns golden brown. This should take about 22-25 minutes.
Once done, remove the dish from the oven and let it cool. Afterward, spread the sour cream over the biscuit layer.
Sprinkle the chopped lettuce, tomatoes, and optional olives over the sour cream, then add a generous layer of cheddar cheese on top.
Serve the casserole hot and savor every bite!
This recipe gives you the ultimate taco experience without any of the hassle. Plus, the sturdy biscuit base means that every serving is a perfect balance of all the ingredients. Now, who’s ready for taco night? Enjoy!
YOU MAY LIKE ALSO…..
- Delicious Beetroot and Lemon Juice Cleans Colon Waste and Loses Weight
- This is one of my favorite dishes ever. Every time I make a batch, it’s gone in minutes
- PECAN PIE CHEESECAKE RECIPE
- Perk Up Your taste Buds With Perfectly Parmesan Chicken Casserole
- Cornish Beef Pasties
- Tuna stuffed deviled eggs
- Mama’s Cornbread Dressing
- INDIAN FRYBREAD RECIPE
- This recipe is better than most Chinese takeout versions
- Slow Cooker Green Chile Chicken Casserol
- The Best Crispy Roast Potatoes Ever Recipe
- Stuffing Balls
- MOM’S FAMOUS CREAM PUFFS
- Brown Sugar Carmel Pound Cake
- Banana Bread Brownies
- Yorkshire puddings
- This is one of my all-time favorite dishes, and it never fails to impress
- LOADED CAJUN POTATO
- Wrap potatoes in tin foil and put in crock pot. Enjoy this lip-smacking result
- My mother-in-law made this for dinner, and it was an absolute sensation, had to score the recipe
- I make this recipe often and everyone always raves about them
- This recipe only lasted 30 mins in my house
- Easy Creamy Corn Casserole
- CHEESY TACO CASSEROLE
- THREE CHEESE BEEF LASAGNA
- I’ve yet to attend a party where this isn’t an instant hit with everyone
- Pioneer Woman Sausage Gravy
- Limoncello Tiramisu
- Pillsbury Crescent Roll Taco Bake
- Stove Top Meatloaf
- Caramel Pecan Dream Bars
- This is my hubby’s fave dish, but I’m often in a crunch and have no time for anything fancy. This recipe is like a cheat code