Home-cooked meals have this unique power to bring people closer, and my Slow Cooker Baked Mashed Potato Casserole stands testament to this magic. Picture a comforting blend of fluffy mashed potatoes, crispy bacon bits, melt-in-your-mouth cheese, and the tang of sour cream. This isn’t just a dish—it’s a heartwarming experience, made even easier with the magic of a slow cooker.
I still reminisce about the Sundays of my childhood, when the aroma of baking potatoes intertwined with bacon would drift from the kitchen. Every time that casserole made its grand entrance at our dining table, it was greeted with smiles and eager forks. Those cherished moments around the table, laughter echoing, stories being shared—all over a humble potato casserole—made me realize the profound bond that food can create. Now, whenever I recreate this recipe, it’s like a journey down memory lane, each bite filled with nostalgia and warmth.
Slow Cooker Baked Mashed Potato Casserole
5 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and diced
1/2 cup salted butter, melted
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
16 oz bacon, cooked and crumbled
16 oz sour cream
1/4 tsp onion powder
Salt and pepper, as per taste
2 chicken bouillon cubes
Optional: Fresh chives or green onions, finely sliced (for garnish)
In the slow cooker, combine potatoes and chicken bouillon cubes. Pour water until potatoes are submerged.
Secure the lid and set the slow cooker on high. Let it cook undisturbed for 5 hours.
Once done, drain the potatoes of any residual water.
Drizzle butter over the potatoes. Season with salt, pepper, and onion powder. Use a potato masher to achieve your preferred consistency.
Fold in the sour cream, half the bacon, half the cheese, and if you’re using them, half the chives or green onions.
Garnish with the remaining cheese. Let it cook on high for an added 20 minutes.
Serve this Slow Cooker Baked Mashed Potato Casserole as a hearty side or a main dish on cozy evenings. It promises not just a meal, but a symphony of flavors that beckons loved ones closer, reigniting conversations and memories. This is more than just food; it’s an emotion, a reminder of the simple pleasures of life. Dive in and let every bite take you on a nostalgic journey.
YOU MAY LIKE ALSO…..
- Delicious Beetroot and Lemon Juice Cleans Colon Waste and Loses Weight
- This is one of my favorite dishes ever. Every time I make a batch, it’s gone in minutes
- PECAN PIE CHEESECAKE RECIPE
- Perk Up Your taste Buds With Perfectly Parmesan Chicken Casserole
- Cornish Beef Pasties
- Tuna stuffed deviled eggs
- Mama’s Cornbread Dressing
- INDIAN FRYBREAD RECIPE
- This recipe is better than most Chinese takeout versions
- Slow Cooker Green Chile Chicken Casserol
- The Best Crispy Roast Potatoes Ever Recipe
- Stuffing Balls
- MOM’S FAMOUS CREAM PUFFS
- Brown Sugar Carmel Pound Cake
- Banana Bread Brownies
- Yorkshire puddings
- This is one of my all-time favorite dishes, and it never fails to impress
- LOADED CAJUN POTATO
- Wrap potatoes in tin foil and put in crock pot. Enjoy this lip-smacking result
- My mother-in-law made this for dinner, and it was an absolute sensation, had to score the recipe
- I make this recipe often and everyone always raves about them
- This recipe only lasted 30 mins in my house
- Easy Creamy Corn Casserole
- CHEESY TACO CASSEROLE
- THREE CHEESE BEEF LASAGNA
- I’ve yet to attend a party where this isn’t an instant hit with everyone
- Pioneer Woman Sausage Gravy
- Limoncello Tiramisu
- Pillsbury Crescent Roll Taco Bake
- Stove Top Meatloaf
- Caramel Pecan Dream Bars
- This is my hubby’s fave dish, but I’m often in a crunch and have no time for anything fancy. This recipe is like a cheat code