- 1 pound beef (ground or shredded roast)
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, diced
- 2 medium-sized carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 stick unsalted butter, chilled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks, divided
- ½ cup cold water
Let’s make the dough: Start by combining the flour and salt. Once they’re mixed add chilled butter until the mixture becomes crumbly. In a bowl mix together water and egg yolk then blend it into the flour mixture. Let it chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Now, onto the filling: Begin by browning the beef and seasoning it to your liking. Sauté the vegetables until they’re almost tender. Then add minced dried herbs to combine with the beef.
Time to shape the pasties: Divide the dough into six portions and roll them out into circles. Moisten the edges of each circle spoon some filling onto one side then fold over and seal them shut.
Baking time: Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking tray with parchment paper or foil. Place your pasties on the tray. Cut slits on top of each one for ventilation. Brush them with an egg wash for a finish. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes until they turn brown.
If you prefer freezing some for enjoyment. Bake them partially for 20 minutes, in advance before freezing them. When you’re ready to eat brush each pasties with an egg wash. Bake for an additional 20 minutes.
Finally savor every bite as you experience all of those flavors from your Old Fashioned Cornish Beef Pasties!
YOU MAY LIKE ALSO…..
- Delicious Beetroot and Lemon Juice Cleans Colon Waste and Loses Weight
- This is one of my favorite dishes ever. Every time I make a batch, it’s gone in minutes
- PECAN PIE CHEESECAKE RECIPE
- Perk Up Your taste Buds With Perfectly Parmesan Chicken Casserole
- Cornish Beef Pasties
- Tuna stuffed deviled eggs
- Mama’s Cornbread Dressing
- INDIAN FRYBREAD RECIPE
- This recipe is better than most Chinese takeout versions
- Slow Cooker Green Chile Chicken Casserol
- The Best Crispy Roast Potatoes Ever Recipe
- Stuffing Balls
- MOM’S FAMOUS CREAM PUFFS
- Brown Sugar Carmel Pound Cake
- Banana Bread Brownies
- Yorkshire puddings
- This is one of my all-time favorite dishes, and it never fails to impress
- LOADED CAJUN POTATO
- Wrap potatoes in tin foil and put in crock pot. Enjoy this lip-smacking result
- My mother-in-law made this for dinner, and it was an absolute sensation, had to score the recipe
- I make this recipe often and everyone always raves about them
- This recipe only lasted 30 mins in my house
- Easy Creamy Corn Casserole
- CHEESY TACO CASSEROLE
- THREE CHEESE BEEF LASAGNA
- I’ve yet to attend a party where this isn’t an instant hit with everyone
- Pioneer Woman Sausage Gravy
- Limoncello Tiramisu
- Pillsbury Crescent Roll Taco Bake
- Stove Top Meatloaf
- Caramel Pecan Dream Bars
- This is my hubby’s fave dish, but I’m often in a crunch and have no time for anything fancy. This recipe is like a cheat code