Let me preface this post with a statement: I LOVE staying cuddled up in bed in the morning. Especially the morning after I work 3-11 or on a winter morning. But, it is probably not the best thing. Why? I am missing out on a lot of things life to offer. So I am sharing 5 great reasons to get up early.
So what are some benefits to getting up early? Read on.
- You can take some time for yourself. Getting up early gives you a few minutes to yourself that you can reflect on what you want to accomplish today. Jot down a quick to-do list or spend some time journaling.
- Get out and exercise. Time and time again, when I get up early and go out walking, I tend to get more done. I feel better. I am happier. This is especially true on Spring and summer mornings.
- You are more likely to eat a good breakfast. I am extremely guilty of not eating breakfast most days. Yeah, I know that it is a bad thing. I tend to rationalize that I get an extra 15 minutes of sleep. But the main reason is, I am usually not hungry first thing in the morning. And getting up early also encourages me to drink my water. Hate drinking water? Megan from NEPA Mom shares 8 tips for drinking more water.
- You are more likely to get dressed first thing. I am bad about getting dressed on days I work later in the day or on my day off. When you exercise, you shower, and then you get dressed. Simple, right? RIGHT!
- You can get a head start on some housework. Throw in a load of laundry. Make sure the kitchen is clean. Do some little tasks like making sure the hand soap in the bathrooms are filled or refilling toilet paper.
I know that these tips should be common sense, and we should have no problem doing them. But life gets away from us sometimes, and we forget to do a few simple things. And then we get down on ourselves, and often feel like we are a failure.
So now that I have shared my 5 great reasons to get up early, it is your turn.
What reasons do you have for getting up early? How do you accomplish it?
Do you need more homemaking ideas? Be sure to check out these posts:
- 5 Minute Homemaking Tasks
- Home Management Inspiration
- Tips for Avoiding Housecleaning Guilt
- The Importance of Having a Laundry Schedule