*Pulling This Out Of The Archives In Anticipation Of A New Year*
It’s hard to believe that we have already made it through 4 days of school. It’s been a learning experience all over again as to what works the best for school mornings. I still find it so hard to believe that I have one son going to middle school and the other to upper elementary. Where did the time go?
For Mom, the hardest part is getting up early again. During the summer, I allow myself the luxury of sleeping in when I can. Now it’s back to getting up with the kids. Since my oldest is in middle school, he has to be up at 5:45am in order to be ready to leave for the bus stop at 7. The extra time is to allow for breakfast and wardrobe indecisions, and twice this week it has come in handy. It’s hard to get up when it’s still dark outside, and the covers are so warm and cozy.
I have learned a few things this week, and I thought I’d share them with my readers.
- I need to remember to check the weather forecast each morning. I have to keep in mind that summer is, for the most part, over and mornings(and possibly afternoons) can and will be chilly. I need to be aware if the boys need jackets or long pants. Yes, they should be able to figure it out on their own, but you know how that goes.
- I need to remember to write notes the night before. Our school requires you to send a note each time your child needs to use after-school services. Because it varies from week to week, you can’t write just one note to cover the week. Remembering said notes 2 minutes before a child leaves for the bus stop is not productive.
- I need to find a better method to deal with school papers. Right now our printer looks like something exploded on it because all the papers just get tossed there until there is time to deal with them. I really need to come up with some kind of system to make this easier.
- I need to meal plan the breakfast menu as well. The whole what-do-I-want-for-breakfast dramas are getting old already, and it’s only the 4th day. I need to get things ready the night before, at least what I can.
- I need to get back to using Flylady. Between working FT and the kids being back at school, the house is out of control. I need to get it straightened up, and keep it that way.
It’s still hard to believe that the summer is over. I have just as much to learn as the kids do, so I am ready to start! I am determined that I am not going to become stressed that my house is a mess. I am going to take the initiative to keep things as neat and simple as possible.
So what tips do you have for making the school year a success?
Tags : school