My name is Jennifer, and I am a lifestyle blogger that is loves to travel and food, and time with family. My blog’s purpose is to help others nurture their love for all of these as well. So sit back, and take a few minutes to learn about Jennifer.
In This Post
This is the love of my life and my inspiration. I love him more now than the day we were married, and he is the reason why I am able to blog today. He is my unofficial proofreader, as is my oldest son. What would I do without them? My youngest is an extremely talented artist and technical whiz. All in all, my family is amazing and I love them so much!
So who is Jennifer?
- A wife and mother first. Married since 1997 and the Mom to two teen boys.
- A lifestyle blogger since before 2011. Remember Xanga? I started out there before eventually moving to self-hosted.
- A FT bookseller. I specialize in children’s books, and it is truly my calling when I am not with my family or traveling.
- The wrangler of 2 four-legged family members. A family just isn’t a family without tons of cat hair. I am excited to help you prepare your pets when you are ready to travel.
Some other things you need to know about me:
- I love my coffee, espresso, and espresso in my coffee. Ever since I got my Keurig in 2012, I have been completely hooked on anything coffee. I love bold roasts, brew-over-ice, and even a good hot chocolate.
- Speaking of chocolate, it is one of my favorite foods. You want to get on my good side? Bring me chocolate! If you really want to be on my favorites list, then bring coffee and chocolate!
- I love reading. If I am not out running my kids to their various activities or doing housework, you will find me glued to the sofa with a book in my hand. I have a love of all genres, from kids books to the quintessential chick fiction novel.
- I love to travel with my family, and have enjoyed doing reviews on my blog and Trip Advisor as well. Check me out, I’d love to talk about the places I’ve been, or places I want to go.
- A long time ago, I used to be a RN. Gave it up to be able to be home with my family more, and I have never regretted it.
- Jeans and sweatshirts are my uniform of choice. Unless it’s Summer, then it’s shorts and bare feet!
Our home is the heart and soul of our family, so sharing about ways to make the most of it on Trekking and Tasting is a goal of mine. From inside to outside, and everything in between, there is something that we can all relate to about managing our homes. And you know what? It is okay not to be perfect!
Like what you see on Trekking and Tasting? See how you can work with me, and what I can do for you.