It’s hard to believe that many kids are already back to school, with still more set to head back in the next week or two. Sometimes it is hard to get back into a back to school routine, both for parents and kids. Healthy eating is definitely at the top of most lists. Sometimes parents aren’t there when their kids get home from school, so I thought I would share some back to school snack ideas to help bridge the gap until supper time.
Simple Back To School Snack Ideas:
- Fruit snacks. Not always the healthiest, but they will do the trick.
- Pretzel sticks. Combine them with a dip to have a fast snack. Try my recipe for buffalo ranch dipping sauce, and you have tasty and healthy!
- String cheese. This is one of my favorites because there are a lot of varieties available. Plus, they get a serving of dairy at the same time. Add some mustard dipping sauce, and you have a snack that will give them energy to get through their homework.
- Fresh fruit and dip. I love cream cheese fruit dip. If you combine it with your child’s favorite fruit, you have a hit!
More Involved Back To School Snack Ideas:
- Peanut butter and jelly sandwich.This will give your child plenty of energy, plus it gives them a sense of accomplishment to have created their own snack! Or try this great recipe for Peanut Butter And Jelly Sushi.
- Cup Of Noodles.If your child can operate a microwave, then this is a perfect snack. And it is a great way to warm up on a cold autumn evening.
- Applesauce with cinnamon.A very simple snack with great taste. And easy for any child to prepare.
Other Back To School Snack Ideas:
- A bowl of cereal.Cereal is no longer just for breakfast. It can be a late morning, after school, or even a good night snack.
- Snack mix.You can make this in a large batch, and keep it in an airtight container. Lasts for several days.
- Frozen Yogurt.
- Hot pockets or Pizza Rolls.
As you can see, the ideas are endless for back to school snack ideas. If you are able to be home, then you can make them together. It is a great way to chat about their day at school, and get some uninterrupted family time! I have teenagers and it is sometimes hard to get them to open up. But when they are having an after-school snack, all their walls come tumbling down and we have some great talks.
What back to school snack ideas do you have?