Need an easy meal for a busy weeknight? Don’t know how to fill in the gap in your menu plan? Then you should try having breakfast for dinner. Waffles can be a fast and delicious meal that will satisfy the most picky eater. With an endless amount of toppings, it is very easy to make each family member their own special belgium waffle. This is a great meal to get everyone to help with preparation, and you can spend time in the kitchen chatting and catching up.
As a word of caution, remember if you have any children in the kitchen while you are using a waffle maker, you should use good judgement while allow young children to work around a hot waffle maker.
- Homemade waffle mix or boxed waffle mix.
- Non-stick spray.
- Whipped cream.
- Fruit toppings of your choice.
- Mix batter as directed.
- Lightly spray a hot waffle iron with non-stick spray.
- Pour waffle mix into waffle maker, and cook as directed. We use this waffle iron.
- Carefully remove waffle from waffle maker and place on a plate.
- Top with your favorite toppings, and enjoy!
This is a great way to customize a taste for all the members of your family.
In addition to the waffle, you can serve your favorite breakfast meat on the side. In our family, maple sausage links are a big hit. I tend to make mine taste even better by topping the sausage with whipped cream. So tell me, what is your favorite way to eat a waffle?