Crazy busy is the headline of our life right now. Even though it is the beginning of August, fall baseball has started. This week has been practices/scrimmages, all in preparation for Monday’s first game. As you know from many of my other posts, I love being involved in my son’s baseball team. It is wonderful to see the kids play, and have time to socialize with other adults. On the downside, the kitchen will be closed for the next couple weeks. Menu planning and cooking seem to take a backseat during the baseball season. I do plan on using my crockpot more, and am busy searching crockpot recipes that my husband and children would like.
With all the running, I have been in a bit of a creative slump with blogging. It always happens during the baseball season, both in the Spring and Fall. But I have been reading all the other great content that others have been writing. I thought I’d take a minute and share them all with you.
- Laugh With Us Blog wrote about Kraft Recipe Makers. Given my need for some fast, easy meals, this was a very timely post, and I think everyone could benefit from reading. These are great things to have on hand when your life gets crazy busy.
- SITS is celebrating their birthday this week. Today’s entry talks about a new blog design. I don’t think I have to explain why I really like this post.
- Menu Planning Monday by Organizing Junkie is always one of my favorite reads. Normally I participate in this blog meme weekly, but I am very uninspired with cooking, menu planning, and grocery shopping.
- Julie talks about decorating her bathroom. I am so jealous, because the bathroom is one place that I have never been able to properly decorate. Our 1/2 bath downstairs is a very lovely shade of sage green, but I ruined it with wall stickers. What was I thinking? Perhaps when our crazy busy period ends, I will take some time to plan and redecorate our bathroom.
- Jo-Lynne from Musings of a Housewife just posted about a giveaway for a camera. I would love to enter, but I never win any giveaways I enter, so I don’t want to frustrate myself by entering, and then finding out that I didn’t. For some reason, my laptop doesn’t like Rafflecoptor so I am out of luck.
So these are just some of the blog posts that have caught my eye this week while reading through my feeds. In the crazy busy life that is our family, reading other blogs is a great way for me to decompress. I hope you take the time to visit and comment on their blog entries. They put a lot of time and effort into their writing, so I am sure that they appreciate the interactions.
What great blog posts have you read this week?