This post is being brought to you by The Oriental Trading Company. While I received product in order to facilitate this post, all opinions are 100% my own. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Decorating for the holidays with young kittens can be a challenge that every pet parent has to deal with. We love to have decorations and making our homes festive for the holidays. But at the same time, we want our four-legged family members to be safe. So how do you do that?
When the Oriental Trading Company contacted me about doing some holiday shopping from their website, I thought it would be a great way to get some new holiday decorations that I could feel comfortable displaying without worrying about my tiny terror muffins breaking or destroying. I enjoyed checking out their website and seeing what Christmas decorations I could order. It was easy to place the order and it came quickly!
So exactly how can you accomplish decorating with the holidays with young kittens? Read on to find out!
One of my biggest bits of advice for decorating for the holidays with young kittens is this: lower your expectations. Or, at least, be prepared for some broken items. For me, I decided to add some unbreakable Christmas decorations.
Decorating For The Holidays With Young Kittens:
- Protect your tree. Simple things like putting ornaments up high, decreasing the number you put on the tree, securing your tree to the wall, and gating your tree are all easy things you can do to start decorating for the holidays with young kittens.
- Skip the tinsel. Tinsel is one of the most dangerous decorations for your pets. Save yourself money and heartache and just skip tinsel all together.
- Forget the breakable knick-knacks. I love my Thomas Kinkade Santa collection, but I knew my climbing maniacs would too. So we made the decision not to put them up. Best decision for us, as that was the first table they jumped up on.
- Think soft & fuzzy. My boys are nosey little nuts, so if they pulled something down, I wanted to make sure they wouldn’t get hurt. So I got some great stuffed decorations from the Oriental Trading Company that wouldn’t get damage or hurt the boys if they pulled them down.
- Enjoy the season. Just like your children, kittens grow very fast. Enjoy them as much as you can before they grow up!
So while decorating elaborately for the holidays is something I generally enjoy, keeping our sweet kittens safe during the holiday season was a priority for my family and I. Thanks to the Oriental Trading Company, my holiday season is beautiful and practical.
Shop the decorations:
Did you love the decorations that I shared? You can shop and purchase all these adorable decorations as well. Just click on the links below(non-affiliate)to get started.
- Dangle-Leg Snowman
- Plush Funny Face Snowballs
- Softy the Snowman
- Plush Cat with Cardinal
- Dangle-Leg Santa
So there you have it! 5 great items that will make decorating for the holidays with young kittens beautiful, safe, and fun! I have to add that the Plush Funny Face Snowballs make great kitten toys too, along with perfect for an indoor snowball fight!
OTHER HOLIDAY POSTS:
- Making Your Holidays Merry & Bright
- Christmas Teas
- Elf on the Shelf: What the Heck is the Big Deal?
- 10 Teachers Gifts Under $25