One of our favorite things about dinner is something that is fast and easy, and that we all agree on. And this recipe for easy chicken alfredo certainly meets all those requirements. With 3 simple ingredients and about 45 minutes, you will have a recipe that will be sure to please everyone in your home.
I think the best part of this recipe is that you can make just a little, or make more to feed a small crowd! Easy chicken alfredo is something everyone will love. And since Mom isn’t stuck in the kitchen for a long period of time, that is a major plus to this recipe.
- 3 jars alfredo sauce or you can make your own.
- 2 boxes penne pasta.
- Garlic, finely chopped. I use already diced garlic in EVOO.
- Diced chicken. I use the Tyson Grilled & Ready Strips. You can also use fresh boneless chicken that is diced.
- Several shakes grated parmesan.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, combine the chicken, garlic, onion salt, and salt and pepper. Gently stir until garlic is tender, and the chicken is moist and warm.
- Next, open the jars of alfredo and pour into pot. There will still be alfredo stuck to the jars, so add milk about a ¼ of the jar, put the lid back on, shake vigorously, and pour into the pot. Shake parmesan cheese into pot, using your own family’s taste as to how much to add.
Since our family loves cheese, I use a very generous shake. Stir sauce and chicken together, and simmer covered on low about 30 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook penne pasta as directed. I add a pinch of salt and a dash of vegetable oil to the water as I am boiling it. Drain and rinse pasta. After pasta is drained, dump it into the pot of sauce and stir gently.
- Easy Cheesy Speck Ham Scramble
- Belgian Waffles
- Crockpot Mango Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Saucy Sausage Pasta