Summer is rapidly approaching, and that means families will be out and about more. My boys are anxiously awaiting the nights when the fireflies are outside. They are teenagers and they still love to run outside and play. As for me, I am just looking forward to a night where I don’t have to work, we don’t have a game, and we don’t have to go anywhere. A quick glance at my calendar says that isn’t happening anytime soon.
But, in any case, waiting for vacation is an exercise in patience. All the planning and prepping makes it even harder to wait! I have been in need of serious family time, so I think that I am more anxious than normal. The worst part is, when it does get here, it is over in a flash. And then it is back to the normal madness.
So What Have I Learned This Week? Read on!
- End of year exams are hard on Mom too! Apparently now I am needed to help study. Where was this the rest of the year?
- Summer reading books add up quickly. And we haven’t even gotten them all yet.
- It is interesting to see what comes home during these final weeks, after they are done cleaning out their locker. I am hoping none of it is food, but one can never tell.
- Kids get really screwy when it is close to the end of the school year.
- Kids get their schedules for the next year before this one is even over. AACCKK!
- Mom is very jealous that hubby gets to play Mario Kart 8 while she is at work dealing with parents who leave the kids in the Children’s department while they are off doing their shopping.
And those are just a few things I have learned this week. If you were to make a list like mine, what would be on it? Leave a comment and share what you have learned this week.
To read more, visit Julie at From Inmates To Playdates, you will be glad you did!