Halloween is a holiday that creates two different reactions from people. Some absolutely love it and take it at face value. Others are convinced that it is evil, and should not be celebrated. I am from the first example. I take it at face value, and enjoy it on my terms, not everyone else’s.
This week’s favorite post Friday has to do with Halloween and fall decorating. I love fall, the sound of crunchy leaves(although cleaning up those crunchy leaves is definitely not a favorite thing). I love the smell of pumpkin, and other fall scents.
While those are just a few of my favorite things about Halloween, I thought I’d share a bit more:
- Taste testing, a.k.a. raiding, the candy from my kids’ Halloween stash. After all, I am being a good Mom by visually inspecting their candy for safeness. Can I help it if their Kit Kats or Hershey Bars end up in my stomach?
- I love the colors associated with Halloween. The oranges, blacks, and purples look fantastic together.
- Halloween gives me a chance to dress up in a costume while working. It is fun to see customers faces when you are dressed in something other than your work dress clothes.
- It is a great excuse to drink warm apple cider and not feel guilty.
- Let’s go back to my first point: the best part of Halloween is the candy. Bottom line.
- Watching “It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown” on TV. Yes, I have it on DVD, but there is something special about watching it on regular television with the kids.
So what are some of your favorite things about Halloween?