As many of you know, I work in a bookstore, and I love to read. And it isn’t just one type of genre. Previously, I wrote a post about the top teen books every adult should read. I enjoyed reading each and every one on that list.
But then I stop and think of some of the books I read as a kid. There were many different things I remember reading. In fact, that is pretty much what I spent all my childhood doing(when I wasn’t playing flashlight tag or riding big wheels.
So I thought I’d share of my favorites:
- The Black Stallion series. This was such a great story on so many levels. But for me, it was all about that horse. I still love horses to this day and wish I could have my own.
- Runaway Ralph Ralph was always one of my favorites. For some reason, he made running away seem so attractive. Every time I got in trouble, I told my parents I was grabbing Ralph and hitting the road.
- Choose Your Own Adventures I admit, I cheated. I kept doing the scenarios all over again till I got the happy ending.
- The original Sweet Valley High Series. They were so true to life, and you could relate to it!
- The Misty Of Chincoteague books. Again, my love of horses dictates this addition to the list.
Gee, do you see a pattern here? I was a horse obsessed teenager that liked a little romance, and a bit of mystery. Guess it explains why I love such a wide variety of books now. Now it is your turn to share!
For more Friday Five posts, click on the Friday Five graphic above!
What were your favorite books as a child?
Tags : young readers