Halloween picture books are among my favorite books to read and recommend. They are fun, and catchy, and a bit spooky, too! I had fun earlier this month recommending Halloween chapter books and Halloween board books, too. This is my favorite part of my job: doing research! After all, I can’t recommend a book if I don’t read it first. Kids books are no exception.
So what are some of my favorite Halloween picture books? There were so many I wanted to share, and couldn’t decide. So, I am breaking this up into two posts. Come back later in the week to read more!
The Best Halloween Picture Books:
- Where The Wild Things Are. This will always be my favorite book!
- Not Very Scary.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Five Little Monkeys Trick-or-Treat.
- Click, Clack, Boo! A Tricky Treat. This was a big hit. Kids really love these cows! They called them sassy!
- Skeleton For Dinner.
- The Monsterator.
- The Ghosts Go Haunting.
- Spooky Smells of Halloween.
- The Sweetest Witch Around.
- And Then Comes Halloween.
- I’m A Witch’s Cat. I absolutely loved this book!!
- The I’m Not Scared Book.
- Trick or Treat: Hello Kitty & Me
- Scaredy-Cat, Splat!
So these are just a few of the Halloween pictures books I am featuring in this blog post. I guess you will have to come back again to find out what the rest are. And there are a lot of them! And I am proud to say that I have read them all. I have also read some of these for storytime, and the kids absolutely loved them. To me, that is the best hallmark of a good book. If my target audience loves it, that is all that matters!
What Halloween picture books would make your list?
*Disclosure: There are no affiliate links in this post. I get nothing except personal pleasure for mentioning these books.