“This post was sponsored by PPL Electric Utilities as part of their Project Envolve Ambassador program. All opinions expressed in my post are my own.”
Can you believe the calendar is reading August already? The dog days of Summer are definitely upon us. But soon it will cool and the nights will be longer. This family plans on extending Summer as long as possible by throwing a home tailgating party.
Spending time inside the house with the air conditioning cranked up and the TV going non-stop is definitely not how I want to spend my Summer. Not to mention all the electricity we are consuming while these activities are going on. Not on my agenda for a good time.
So how am I going to combat that? By having a home tailgating party. A lot of families(ours included)will be sending a student back to college in the next few weeks. Since we are huge fans of the football team at the college my son is going, I got my inspiration for our home tailgating party from the experts.
How To Throw A Home Tailgating Party:
- Set the mood. Use decorations to spice up your outdoor space. Save energy by using solar-powered lights to have a fun and festive backdrop for your home tailgating party. Add a fun tablecloth and some easy-to-clean dishes, and you have instant ambiance to start your party off right.
- Grill up some goodness. Don’t make your house hotter than it has to be. By using your grill, you will save time, energy, and money by not using your stove. Your AC will not have to work harder to keep the house cool, which will save you money.There are tons of recipes for the grill that will make your home tailgating party tasty, too!
- Skip the television and electronics. Save energy on entertainment by planning a family game night during your home tailgating party. Head outside after turning down your AC, and be prepared to turn up the fun with your game night. Using solar lights will prolong the fun outside, and you will save energy by keeping the TV off.
- Plan a special dessert. You can’t have a home tailgating party without including a sweet treat. Whether it is ice cream or even a no-bake dessert like this No Bake Butterfinger Pie, having it outside with your family will be perfect.
- Use a battery-powered radio to listen to your favorite game. If you are lucky enough to have your favorite team playing a game, grab a battery powered radio and listen to the game while you are outside. It is almost as good as being there in person!
Summer may be hot, but that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune on your electricity bill. Get outside, enjoy the last of these Summer evenings, and give all your energy-hogging appliances a rest. Catch up with the family, and even start thinking about what you need for back to school.
PPL Electric Utilities offers tools, tips and energy efficiency programs to help customers save. They share some great tips that you can apply in your own home. Want to know more? Visit the PPL Electric Utilities website for more information. And be sure to visit for some Pinterest inspiration!
What would you include in your home tailgating party?
Leave a comment and share what you would be doing.
You may like these items for your home tailgating party(affiliate links):