This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DunkinCreamers#CollectiveBias
Spring has finally decided to show up in my part of the world. The sun is out, there is a nice breeze, and you can hear the birds chirping and singing. This is my second favorite time of the year. My favorite? Summer, of course!
This year is going to an amazing Summer, as we are planning the longest and most amazing road trip we have ever been on. One of the things I have learned about a successful trip is that you need to do a lot of planning. And often that planning involves a lot of late nights before early morning shifts at work.
How do I survive those early morning shifts? Coffee, and lots of it! I am so blessed that we have a coffee maker in our back room and can make coffee when we need it. Trouble is, we don’t have a refrigerator, so it isn’t easy to have creamer around. So you can believe I was super excited to find Dunkin’ Donuts® Creamer Singles while shopping at Walmart. Now I can have my creamer wherever and whenever I need it!
I also do a lot of planning at home, and this Mom loves her Keurig. You will always find several flavors of Dunkin’ Donuts® K-Cups hanging out in my kitchen. I love how I can have the amazing taste in my kitchen, on the living room sofa, even on the back deck, which is where the majority of my trip planning is taking place now that the weather is so nice.
So, in case you are curious as to what big trip we are planning, I will let you in on a little secret: We are going to Disney!
Well, not just Disney, but to a lot of places along the way as well. There is so many things to keep track of: hotels, touring plans, even emergency phone numbers. I wasn’t sure at first how I was going to keep track of everything. I decided that what I needed to do was create a portable trip binder so I can keep everything at my fingertips when we are traveling.
I admit, I am a bit of a planning junkie when it comes to our Summer trips. I start really early, and I am so glad that I do, because by the time our trip is here, I am completely ready. This trip is a little more complicated because of the number of stops that we are making along the way. This binder is a great way to keep everything together.
What you will need to create a portable trip binder:
- First and foremost, you will need your coffee supplies. You can find the Dunkin’ Donuts® Creamer Singles and even the Dunkin’ Donuts® K-Cups right in the coffee aisle in Walmart.
- A small, 3-ring binder. I chose red so it would be easy to find in a full car.
- Several tabbed pages
- Lined 3-ring binder pager
- Stickers galore. I chose sticker packs for each of the states that we are visiting.
- Chalkboard pen and chalkboard sticker
- Fun sparkly pens in different colors
How to create a portable trip binder:
- Pour yourself a cup of coffee. Seriously, I love how I can have my favorite cup of coffee anywhere! And since the Dunkin’ Donuts® Creamer Singles come in Caramel, Vanilla, and Hazelnut, you can have any flavor you like, regardless of where you are. Totally convenient!
- Gather your supplies. I had a lot of fun with this part, and spent way more time shopping than I should have.
- Start by personalizing your binder. I used a chalkboard sticker, a chalkboard pen, and some fun vacation scrapbooking stickers.
- Next, create a tab for each section of your portable trip binder. I started by creating a page for each state on our visit.
- I then created a page for each state and made a list of places I wanted to visit or things I wanted to see. This is a great way to get your entire family involved in the planning process. We have never been to our nation’s capital, so this list will probably turn out to be a lot longer than this:
- Stop for a moment and have another cup of coffee. I took a break with a cup on our back deck and just chilled out a bit. The Dunkin’ Donuts® Creamer Singles in Caramel added the perfect touch of sweet to my cup. And then I thought of a bunch of other things I needed to do.
- Create a tab for things you need to pack. I haven’t started yet, but here is what that page looks like:
- As Moms, we tend to overthink things. But a lot of times, that really comes in handy. One of the scary things about being away from home is not knowing phone numbers of doctors or hospitals from another area. Plan ahead by creating an emergency tab with a page for phone numbers:
Take a few moments each week before your trip by Googling the phone numbers of local hospitals in the cities you are staying. Can’t find any? Call the front desk of the hotel you are staying at and see if they can help you out. Hopefully, you will never need to use them, but you will have it all ready before you many need them.
See, that is all there is to it! And look how this binder fits so neatly into the compartment in my car:
It is out of the way, but I can get to it in a moments notice. I also love that this portable trip binder will also serve as a memento of our amazing road trip. This will be our last full Summer as a family of 4, and we want to make the most of it.
Where would you take your portable trip binder?