Right now, one of my favorite seasons has returned. No, not Fall, although that is pretty close. What am I talking about? Why football season, of course! Yes, I am one of those women that bleeds their team’s colors on game day. And I have been known to toss out the occasional obscenity when the referee makes *another* bad call. But in any case, I thought I would share with you about how to watch football: a woman’s guide.
So before I get further in this post, I just want to share that this lady bleeds midnight green & white during football season. If you are a diehard football fan like me, you will know exactly who I am talking about. But in case you are new to the football scene, this is my favorite pro football team:
So what do you, as a woman, need to know? Well, first of all, don’t be afraid to yell and have fun watching the game. You don’t have to be a guy to enjoy a good football game. Whether it is pro or college or even your local school team, this post will help you be prepared to have an enjoyable time at the game. Here are several tips for you about how to watch football.
How To Watch Football: A Woman’s Guide
- Know the teams that are playing. Nothing can be more embarrassing than cheering for a team that isn’t playing. By knowing which teams are playing, you will keep yourself from looking silly or being banned from the room.
- Have a working knowledge of football terms. In order to make sure the game makes sense, do a little research of football terms. You don’t want to be yelling pass interference when it’s actually a fumble. Knowing what is going on will earn you bonus points.
- If your husband plays fantasy football, know what players you need to be rooting for. My husband is in 4 different fantasy football leagues. He does his best to draft the same players for each league, but sometimes that just isn’t possible. If I want to fun with him, I will root for players that are against him that week. Otherwise, before a game starts, I just ask him who I need to be rooting for. Makes life a whole lot easier.
- Have an arsenal of food ready to go. Food is a great way to bring people together if you have a house divided(in football terminology, it means when one household member likes a different team than the rest of the house). After all who can be mad if you are munching on this easy game day layered chili dip.
Or perhaps a slow cooker buffalo chicken cheesesteak. A full belly means less tension(especially if your team is losing).
- If all else fails, have an adult beverage. Sometimes, despite all your preparation, you just can’t get it right. Then make one of these Simply Good Orange Creamsicles and call it a day.
So there you have it. Everything(well almost)you need to know how to watch football as a woman. If you can implement some of these tips, you will find that even woman can enjoy football when they don’t know much about it.