I got this recipe from my wonderful friend Susan, and thought I’d share a quick and easy recipe that is great for a Friday Night Meal! I hope that you stop back and let me know if you tried it! I would share a picture of the finished product, but they were gone before I could grab my camera. Next time, I promise!
- 6 cups tortilla chips
- 3 cups dices or shredded cooked chicken(I use the Tyson ready cooked diced kitchen from the freezer section)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 2 Tbsp Jerk seasoning, divided
- 1 lime
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 green onions, diced
- 2 Tbsp snipped fresh cilantro (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Arrange tortilla chips in a layer on a baking stone or shallow baking dish.
Combine, chicken, cheese and 1 Tbsp jerk seasoning. Mix gently and sprinkle mixture over chips.
Bake 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven.
Meanwhile, dice the jalapeño. Cut lime in half. In a small bowl, juice half the lime. Add jalapeño and remaining jerk seasoning. Cut remaining lime half in wedges to be used later as garnish. We always use the sour cream, but it is optional for you.
Be prepared to make a second helping.