Life in my house is never dull or boring. Or quiet, for that matter. There is always noise of some kind, usually the result of bodily functions. You definitely have to have a good sense of humor when living with 3 guys. If not, you could drive yourself crazy with the joys of living with boys.
And yes, I freely admit that I am clumping my wonderful husband in with the joys of living with boys. It is okay, I love that he is still young at heart. And freely admits he is just a kid when it comes to certain things(Star Wars and Star Wars toys, for example).
But sometimes he can be just as exasperating as my two teenagers. Especially when it comes to sharing the TV remote and too much Sportscenter.
Keep in mind, I am not complaining. I love my family, and I would be completely lost without them. They are the reason I keep going on the hardest of days. But there are some days I just wish they would think before they did certain things.
The Joys of Living with Boys:
Sometimes I wonder what my men think when they:
- Pee in the dark.
- Forget to replace the toilet paper.
- Forget to put down the toilet seat and/or flush.
- Leave the radio turned all the way up and not turn it down before they turn it off.
- See the first thought.
- Have to carry 72 things at once so they don’t have to make more than 1 trip.
- Have eyes bigger than their stomachs.
- See point #2.
- Feel like they need to have ESPN on 24 hours a day.
- Be part of more than a few fantasy sports leagues and have to argue about them ALL THE TIME!
- Leave dirty clothes right next to the hamper, instead of taking two seconds longer to toss it in the hamper.
Okay, seriously, I can’t be mad at these 3, even if they don’t have the best bathroom skills. After all, I am not exactly Mrs. Clean in the bathroom(think hairspray, hair ties, and other assorted items left spread all over the counter. But that is for a whole other post).
Despite their quirks, there are so many other reasons why I wouldn’t be without the joys of living with boys. Some of them include:
- Strong guys to carry the laundry up and down the stairs.
- Guys who aren’t afraid to do dishes when Mom isn’t feeling well.
- Youngest loves to learn and help out in the kitchen.
- A husband who will do laundry on the weekends because his wife is at work and spent her day off blogging instead of doing laundry.
- Boys who will carry in and put away all the groceries.
- They will still be seen with their Mom in public.
- The absolute pleasure of watching them grow up into fine young man.
And I have a husband who still adores me, even when I drive him absolutely crazy. And the fact that we can have a lot of fun playing video games together. I wouldn’t trade him for anything in the world!
It’s your turn! Share YOUR joys of living with boys!
Did you enjoy this post? Be sure to sign up for email updates. You’ll get the latest blog post and the occasional newsletter straight to your inbox. No worries about SPAM, your email stays private!