Motherhood In Progress nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award back in early July. I am completely embarrassed that I am finally able to write my post for this honor. We have been so busy getting ready for vacation, and then going on vacation, that it got pushed to the background. Now that we are back, and all the unpacking is done, I can turn my attention back to blogging and acknowledge this award.
Originally, the Liebster award was given to bloggers that had less than 3,000 followers. I can only dream about having that kind of following, although one day I hope to be there. The award has evolved into many different rules, but all have the same purpose: to acknowledge the hard work of the many bloggers out there. I think it is great that the Liebster Blog Award is out there, and I enjoy reading the blogs from those that are nominated.
So, without further interruption, here we go.
The rules for nominees to follow are:
- Link back to your nominating blog
- Answer the questions they have provided
- Nominate 5-11 up and coming bloggers with fewer than 200 followers for the Liebster Blog Award(Actually, nominate your favorite blogs, no matter what their followers are)
- Generate 11 questions to be answered by your nominees
- Contact your nominees to let them know the news!
My answers for her questions:
1. What else do you do besides write?
I read. I am always found sitting with my nose in my Nook. I also love watching sports of all kinds.
2. Who is your favorite person and why?
My husband. He is my best friend, my protector, and a wonderful family man.
3. If you could live anywhere, where would that be and why?
To be truthful? Right where I am now. Our weather is generally good, and we have access to a lot of things.
4. Do you prefer high fashion or down home country?
Down home country.
5. What are the top three items on your shopping list right now?
A second pair of jersey sheets, gas for the lawn mower, and stamps for our bills.
6. What is your favorite place to do online shopping?
7. What do you have more of? Shoes or cosmetics?
See post above 😉
8. Name your top three favorite blogs to read.
9. What is your favorite blog post you have written?
10. What is your best blog writing tip?
Don’t compare yourself to other bloggers too much. You will get yourself frustrated, and blogging will become a chore.
11. What is your #1 goal?
To write quality content that readers can relate to.
- Laugh With Us Blog http://www.laughwithusblog.com/
- Big Mama http://thebigmamablog.com/
- Monica’s Musings http://monicasmommusings.com/
- Desperately Seeking Sanity http://www.desperatelyseekingsanity.com/
- This Busy Life http://www.thisbusylife.com/
My questions for my nominees:
- What is your favorite time of the day to blog?
- Do you have a favorite font that you use when blogging?
- What are some of the things I would find in your freezer?
- Are you a sports fan?
- Do you prefer a regular book or an e-book?
- If you could be one color, what would it be? Why?
- Do you prefer a desktop or laptop computer for your blogging?
- What is your favorite season?
- Do you prefer fresh or canned vegetables?
- Name 2 of your favorite pasta dishes. Share links to the recipes if you have them.
- Are you a planner or a seat-of-your-pants kind of person?
As always, I always feel really good when someone thinks that my blog is good enough for an award. I really am honored to receive this Liebster Blog Award, and I hope that you take the time to visit all the fabulous blogs I nominated to receive this award.
Tags : blog awards