It is a cold and chilly day here in PA. In fact, there was frost out on the pumpkins. The downside to that is I will have to go out and scrape my car before work. Really not ready for that nonsense. But the sun is out, and the chance for precipitation is very low! That is why I love Halloween, it really celebrates Fall. Plus, it is not snowing this year!
There is one amazing positive to today as well. There are kids in a certain part of PA that can look forward to celebrating Halloween again, now that the dangerous criminal Eric Frein has been caught. Such a sad story, but I am comforted to know that justice WILL be served. Now the residents in that area can enjoy trick-or-treating and their 50th Anniversary Halloween parade.
So why do I love Halloween? I have several reasons, and yes, most of them have to do with candy. Just kidding. Maybe.
- My kids love to spend the night with their grandparents to help them hand out candy. It warms my heart.
- My boys still like to go trick-or-treating. Yes, I know that they are teenagers, and probably shouldn’t be, but it means that they are staying as young as possible for as long as they can. Life will be crazy enough when they get older.
- My boys give me almost first dibs on their candy. Luckily, some of my favorites are candies they don’t like. It is a win-win for the three of us.
- I am sure I am going to be booed when you read this, but we don’t hand out candy, treats, or anything on Halloween. Hubby and I turn off the lights, turn on the TV, and just spend time with each other and catch up. Since Halloween is on a Friday this year, I would suspect that we will be playing Mario Kart 8 tonight. Since the boys are sleeping at my IL’s, we get a night alone.
- See reason #3. Told you it was all about the candy!
So those are just a few of the reasons why I love Halloween. I am not into the whole scary movie thing, so loving the candy is perfectly okay in my book.
So why do you love Halloween?