There is only phrase containing three words that strikes absolute fear in my heart. And it happens again each week. What is it, you ask? I bet you know, because you have probably been asked it every week too. Ready for it?
What’s for dinner? Huh, that’s it? Bet you were probably thinking of all kinds of scary phrases in your head, right? Nope, that’s it. What’s for dinner. Three words that can erase my brain completely, and reduce me to tears. Well, maybe it is not that dramatic, but still, you get the point. We have been so busy with baseball that I haven’t had time to sit down and plan a weekly menu, or even cook that much. But I really need to get back on the menu planning wagon.
That brings me to today. Over the weekend I sat down with the hubby and
bottomless eating machines kids to talk about our schedule. It is actually easier since I made hubby buy the Calengoo app for his I-phone. That way we can see what everyone is up to without lugging around a heavy planner. And he always knows my work schedule now or can see if I am working past my regularly scheduled time. After a quick look at the calendar, we saw that we are away for an appointment on Thursday night, so we usually grab supper out that night. After the usual what-do-you-want-to-eat-I-don’t-know conversation, the menu plan was in place, and we went shopping.
Curious to know what we are having this week? Check out my Menu Plan Monday:
- Sunday: We went out to a bar to watch football and eat food with our friend from Wisconsin. He is out here visiting his old stomping grounds, so what better way to celebrate a homecoming. Pizza and beer. And it is a nostalgic place too, as we had our wedding rehearsal dinner there. They have a terrific banquet area, and we are not fancy dancy kind of people.
- Monday: Waffles and sausage. I can never say enough about breakfast food isn’t just for breakfast anymore. I know that I am not the only one out there that feels this way.
- Tuesday: Chicken Fajitas. Another fast and easy meal. Seriously, if my hubby is running late, it really isn’t a big deal. It takes him about 20-25 minutes to get home from work from the time he calls. Generally, I am pulling it off the stove as he is pulling in the driveway. I generally try to make extra for leftovers, but that doesn’t usually happen.
- Wednesday: Chicken fingers and mashed potatoes. Always a family favorite. I am planning on taking photos while I make it this time so that I can share my super yummy chicken fingers recipe. But, I did cheat and got ready-made mashed potatoes. If I have to bread and fry chicken fingers, I don’t want to be mashing potatoes too! I know, take away my Super Mom membership.
- Thursday: TBD. It usually depends on when hubby gets out of work. We have 2 options near our hairdresser, one fast and one a little less fast. SO it is usually a spur of the moment decision.
- Friday: Thinking something with salmon patties. I have frozen fillets that the boys wanted to try, I just need some ideas on how to make them. So if you got any suggestions, please send them to me!
- Saturday: Football foods(tailgating party at a local college) , then fall foods. We are going to a flashlight corn maze for youth group, so there are always good things to eat.
I always seem to do better when I participate in Menu Plan Monday. We even stay on a sort of food budget. Of course, things always change, especially on the nights when hubby is late, or I just don’t feel like cooking. But it is a great start, and great starts always lead to good things. If you want to get further inspiration, just click on the Menu Plan Monday graphic above, and you can see a lot of other menu plans.
So now that I have shared my menu plan for the week, what is cooking in your house?
Leave a comment, and I would love to come check it out.