This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WeekNightHero #CollectiveBias
Spring is rapidly approaching, and in our household, that means the beginning of baseball season. Weeknights are no longer easy-going, and meals need to be prepared in a hurry. But fast doesn’t mean compromising on taste. Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking have made it easy to prepare a homemade meal in 30 minutes or less.
Casserole meals have always been a large part of our menu plan. But sometimes they can be time-consuming if you don’t have the right ingredients. One of our favorite easy meals involves using condensed tomato soup, but sometimes it doesn’t have the zip that we need. Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking comes in Mexican Style Tomato, which gives that extra zing to Mexican dishes.
My family also loves cheeseburgers, but let’s face it, they can be very time consuming and a bit bland tasting when you are in a hurry. A solution? Combine our two favorite into one easy, homemade, weeknight meal!
Enter our cheeseburger-inspired Mexican casserole burgers. With just a few minutes of prep time and a ton of taste, they are the perfect solution for those busy weeknights when you don’t have extra time to spend in the kitchen.
Cheeseburger-Inspired Mexican Casserole Burgers:
What you need:
- Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking in Mexican Style Tomato.
- Small package of ground meat. Be creative, depending on your family’s taste.
- Can of refrigerated biscuits.
- Shredded Lettuce.
- Shredded Cheese.
A small ingredient list means less time for you in front of that stove! And when you are on a tight schedule that involves sporting events, every minute counts. And as a Mom, you can feel great knowing that you fueled your athlete with a weekend meal on a weeknight schedule.
To create the cheeseburger-inspired Mexican casserole burgers:
- Prepare biscuits as directed.
- While biscuits are baking, brown meat and then drain off all the fat.
- Simply open the package of Mexican Style Tomato and pour over meat.
- Stir and leave on warm for a few minutes. Stir in cheese until melted, cover and set aside.
- Lay opened biscuit on plate, top with meat mixture. Add lettuce and cheese, depending on your preference. You don’t even need any condiments because the Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking has everything you need right in it.
- Enjoy! I bet your family will be asking for seconds.
That’s it! A real homemade meal in 30 minutes or less. These make a great portable meal too, if someone wants a second helping on the go. I was able to get all the ingredients for my cheeseburger-inspired Mexican casserole burgers right at my local Walmart. Everything in one place, and great savings too!
Want to save on your next easy weeknight recipe? For the next month, you can get a .75 cents off coupon at Walmart.com. Be sure to click here to clip a special savings coupon! Remember, it is only good for 1 month from the date of this post, so don’t delay.
Now it’s your turn: what recipe will you be making with Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking? Leave me a comment, I would love to hear what ideas you have. With four flavors to choose from, the possibilities are endless!