I’m Candi from A Day in Candiland and I am exited Jen invited be over today to share with you these mini pumpkin pies that you can serve up for Thanksgiving. If you have ever been over to my blog you will notice I like dessert recipes and especially mini ones. They are just the perfect size at two bites each. I like to think they don’t have many calories in them either.
My favorite part about these mini pumpkin pies is the leaves on top. I bought these cutters several years ago and rarely use them. I have used them on the outside of the pumpkin pie all the way around. They were really pretty. I have some new ideas this year that I am going to try.
So lets start our pies. Take out your pie crusts and thaw on counter for 15 minutes. You will use both for the crusts and leaves. I used a 4″ fluted circle that was reversible and used the pretty side. Then I cut out the leaves. Spray your pan with cooking spray and insert the shells.
- 1 15oz Can Pure Pumpkin (not filling)
- 1 12 oz can of evaporated milk
- ¾ cup white granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ts of cinnamon
- ½ ts of ground ginger
- ¼ ts of ground cloves
- (You can substitute Pumpkin Pie Spice if you want)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Cut out 12- 4in circles and place in the pan.
- Fill the muffin tins with pie filling. Don't overfill.
- Place the leaves on top.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake 20 minutes longer or until cooked.
You will have extra filling and you can either save this for something else or use more pie crusts and make 6 more. I like how simple this was to make and it was pretty quick. Plus it gave me a reason to use my cute cutters.
I hope you enjoy these mini pumpkin pies and use them for your next party or Thanksgiving.
Visit some of Jens other Thanksgiving ideas.