Last October, I had the privilege of being part of the original Mother Of All Meltdowns blog tour when I was able to read and review the book. What fun, and what a terrific book! So when I was approached to host a second stop on the new tour, I jumped at the chance.
For this tour, I am sitting down and doing a Q&A day with Danielle of Martinis & Minivans. Don’t you just love the name?
Here’s what she had to say:
1. Obviously you like to blog. Name 3 of your favorite blog posts, why, and include the links.
2. What is the one thing you wished they would have taught you in the hospital when your first child was born.
How to hold a flask while feeding a baby a bottle. Would have made the middle of the night feedings much more enjoyable.
3. Okay, boring but: what is your absolute favorite meal. Share a recipe link if you have one.
My absolute favorite is my mother’s manicotti. I can’t share the recipe because she won’t give it to me. It seems I haven’t earned my Italian cooking badge of honor yet.
4. Do you prefer the beach or the mountains for a family getaway?
Beach. The mountains are where people get stuck in avalanches or worse, try to camp.
5. Speaking of martinis, what is your favorite? And how often do you have one?
Anything with gin. As for when I have them – well, that depends on how often my son has pooped his pants or my daughter has rolled her eyes at me. Could be daily.
6. Name 3 of your favorite blogs. Why?
Happily Ever Laughter Blog – http://www.
7. Do you have a favorite sport? Or do you prefer shopping?
Favorite sport – ha, ha, ha – that’s hilarious. You crack me up. Actually, if I could choose a favorite activity – it wouldn’t be a sport or shopping – it would be watching my kids play with each other so I don’t have to sit down and pretend to be Barbie.
8. Name 2 of your best blogging tips for the novice blogger.
2) Write well not often. There’s a difference. Sometimes bloggers get hung up on how often to post and what time of day to do it. Blah blah blah – it doesn’t matter. Write when you have something real to say and not something to fill space. The readers aren’t stupid – they can see through fake.
9. Name one thing in your life you could go back and change.
I would play one more game of Scrabble with my grandmother instead of going out with some stupid friends whose names I can’t even remember now.
10. How about a selfie-shot? Or a favorite shot of the family.
So there you have some wisdom straight from an author’s mouth. Love it!
More facts about the blog tour:
New MOAM Community: http://www.nomotherisperfect.
A community for the perfectly imperfect mother! A place where you can let your guard down and talk about the meltdowns, struggles, and less rosy aspects of being a mom…
Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 11th 2014! And we want moms everywhere to accept the meltdowns, stop chasing perfection, and embrace their uniquity. You won’t find this word listed in Webster’s, but you will find it within every mother on the planet. Enter between April 1, 2014 to May 11, 2014 to win one of three fabulous prize packages including a three night stay for two at a destination spa! http://www.nomotherisperfect.
So, know that you are not alone out there. Pick up your favorite drink, in this case, favorite martini and prepare to laugh, laugh, and laugh some more!