It’s hard to believe that 2013 is almost over. I mean, where did the time go? I sort of remember, but I am not sure. Here’s a Cliff Notes version:
- January: Hey, it’s my blogging goals for 2013. I don’t think I did very well.
- February: Bring on the home improvement projects.
- March: Here I am, begging for Spring, as always. Same time each year.
- April: Vaguely start thinking about my blogging goals in January 2014. Why? Because I am so busy that I can’t wait for January so things slow down. It also gives me time to blog about how rude people can be at sporting events.
- May: Hey, just when I think I have finally got a handle on my busy life…..BANG! Spring sports has kicked into high gear. But I do have time to do a book review for a favorite author.
- June: The halfway mark of the year shows up, after May went off with an almost-boom. Not my favorite Memorial Holiday, that is for sure. And yes, I realize this post wasn’t written till July, but it took me that long until I could talk about it. The 3 days I spend recuperating at home gave me another chance to think about my blogging goals in January 2014. If only I had written them down, this post would be so much easier!
- July: It is road trip time. To Wisconsin. Had so much fun that I trouble deciding which post to highlight. Decided on this one: Anatomy Of A Deck Remodel. Remember my post for February? This is the end product!
- August: More running around for baseball. No time to post. Moving on.
- September: Much of the same, and now school has kicked in. Really neglected the blog then. Onward and upward.
- October: Wow, did I just survive almost 3 months with a high school freshman?
- November and December: Combined these too months because they are all kind of blurry.
So now that you got through 2013, want to hear what is going on for 2014? Tammy at CreativeK Kids is running a linky so that everyone can share their blog goals. Some people have lots of goals, others may not. We are not here to judge them, but rather to help them reach their goals by supporting one another. I decided to start with one month at a time, so I don’t get overwhelmed. So here we go.
My Blogging Goals In January 2014
- My first blogging goals is to increase my monthly page views from 12,000 to 14,000. Right now it seems almost impossible to achieve. I would sure love some ideas to help. Leave a comment below with your suggestions, I need it!
- Get picked for 2 sponsored posts, and have them completed above and beyond the sponsors expectations. And, I will not be afraid to reach out to products that I think the world of.
- Stop being obsessed with my blog stats. Period. End of story. I think.
Seasoned bloggers with tons of page views are probably laughing reading this post. After all, I have been blogging for 2 years now with this domain/blog name and I only have 50,000+ total page views. But, I can promise you, that will change this year. I am not quite sure how yet, but it will. I want any sponsors that read this to know that I may not be the biggest blog out there, but I WILL do your product justice. So don’t look at just the numbers, know that the person behind this blog is a Mom who goes out of her way to defend and promote products that make everyday family life better.
Now that I have shared some of my blog goals, how about sharing some with me? Leave a comment and tell me 2 of your blogging goals for this year. Here’s your chance to share your blog posts in our linky!