Attention Please! My regularly scheduled Menu Plan Monday post will be interrupted this week because of lack of menu ideas. Well, perhaps it is more like, my work schedule and the rest of the family’s schedule does not allow any menu planning or cooking. Definitely do not like that at all! But, if I did have time to cook this week, I would really love to try this great recipe I found for Root Beer Ribs. As soon as I get a chance, I am definitely making this meal by Momma Lew! Thanks for the inspiration.
So what am I talking about today? Well, a little bit of everything, as I am talking about my schedule for this week. I have gotten out of the habit of scheduling things, and you can really tell. My house is a complete disaster. I normally do The Simple Woman’s Daybook, but I am finding that it is no longer meeting my blogging needs because of my change in work status. My life is no longer simple, no longer fits into neat little categories. But I wouldn’t change it for anything. My weekly schedule isn’t as easy as it used to be, so instead of being frustrated, I need to make a change.
My Weekly Schedule
So I decided to adapt the S.W.D. to meet my personal needs. Well, more like reinvent it for me. I decided I wanted five main areas to concentrate on: home, family, food/cooking, blogging, and down time. These are similar to my main areas of focus on my blog, so I felt that it was really appropriate.
My goals for home include:
- Finally finish switching over the clothing from winter to summer.
- Fold and put away all the clean laundry.
- Donate the clothing we no longer use so it can bless someone else.
- Spring clean the boys’ bathroom.
- Get out the patio furniture so we can enjoy the deck.
- Spend some time with Johnny to help him make a study plan for his upcoming finals. How are we talking about finals, when we were just talking about surviving the first 3 months of freshman year?
- Help Jeremy clean out his messy desk. I should post a picture of that, but I would be in big trouble.
- Chat with hubby to see how I can help him to relax when he is at home.
- Find some new crockpot recipes that work well for the summer months. Any suggestions?
- See bulleted post above.
- Find time to do creative menu planning during my weekly schedule posts.
- Spend one day working on posts for when we are on vacation next month. I have two guest posts scheduled, so that will help a bit.
- Continue to work on quality posts. Add time into my weekly schedule for creating posts, even if they are just drafts.
- Work with other bloggers to improve my posts, social media sharing, and back-links.
- Get my reading list together for vacation. I have a wish list started, now I just need to purchase them for my Nook. And John Green, just so you know, I completely hate you for The Fault In Our Stars. I do not like crying when reading.
- Get ready to play Mario Kart 8 with the family. Well, mostly with hubby, he he.
- Continue to work on getting ready for vacation next month. I know that my weekly schedule will have more time devoted to it the closer we get to June 22nd.
So that is what my plan for this week. I probably will, in all reality, get 2 or 3 things done. But, at least I have them written down to help keep myself accountable. What about you? Do you have any great ideas for planning your week? I would love to hear your tips and tricks for staying on task so I can improve my weekly schedule. I keep telling myself it will be worth it when I get to be at my favorite place: