The calendar is slowly creeping up on the Summer months. This is my favorite time of year, just because I love to be outside in the sunshine. I know that my boys do too, when they aren’t too busy playing their video games. I know that most parents would prefer them to be outside as well.
One of my favorite things about Summer is heading out on our annual vacation to Wildwood NJ. I am so grateful that even though my boys are 19 and 17, they still look forward to going each year. Trust me, this Mom is going to hold onto that as long as they will let me.
But traveling with teens boys, can be taxing, especially when it comes to packing. Here are a few tips I have learned through the years.
Packing Tips When Traveling With Teen Boys:
- Start early! This tip seems a little bit easy. But trust me, you really need to, especially with boys. Why? Because packing is similar to torture for them.
- Lower your expectations. By this, I mean lower your expectations when it comes to perfectly matched clothing. Boys have no need for clothing to match. In fact, consider it a victory if the clothes are clean!
- Pack extras! If your boys are anything like mine, then they have the potential to be super messy. Or sweaty. Most likely both! Having extra clothes with you will be one thing you won’t regret, especially if you are headed for a sit-down dinner.
- Make a list, and have them check-it…a whole bunch of times. One thing I have learned is lists are your best friends when packing . It’s no different with boys. If they see it, they will pack it.
- Bring a green garbage bag for dirty clothes. It is a great way to keep the stinky vacation clothes contained. If you are driving home, you will save your nose as well.
So here are just a few easy tips to make traveling with teen boys a little bit easier. I hope this will make your next vacation a little less stressful when you are traveling with teen boys.