A Pumpkin Flowerpot is a fun craft for children where they can use their creativity to make a festive decoration for Halloween. Fill the pumpkin flowerpot with a sweet treat and give it to a friend, loved one, neighbor, or teacher.
How To Make A Pumpkin Flowerpot:
- Orange and Green Paint
- Painter’s Tape
- Black Buttons or Black Paint Pen
1. Have your child paint the bottom of the flowerpot with the orange paint.
2. Let the orange paint dry completely. Put a piece or painter’s tape on the base of the flowerpot just under the rim. This will help your child paint the rim without mixing the two colors.
3. Have your child paint the rim of the flowerpot with the green paint.
4. Glue black buttons on the flowerpot to create the face. This was my son’s favorite part! Or, let your child draw the face of the pumpkin on the flowerpot with a black paint pen.
5. Make sure that the green paint on the rim is completely dry. Glue a ribbon around the rim.
How Much Did It Cost To Make A Pumpkin Flowerpot:
- Flowerpot: $1.00
- Orange and Green Paint: 10¢
- Painter’s Tape: 5¢
- Black Buttons or Black Paint Pen: $1.00
- Glue: 5¢
- Ribbon: 5¢
Total: $2.25 for one adorable Pumpkin Flowerpot!
A Pumpkin Flowerpot can make a unique gift for someone special or use it as a decorative candy bowl for all of your trick-or-treaters on Halloween.
Love that craft? Karen also has a cute Ghost and Pumpkin windsock craft. I am not a craft person, so I was extremely happy that Karen guest posted with this terrific Halloween craft. I love how it is functional and budget friendly. And the best part of it is how you can get your family involved and make it a group project. Thanks Karen!
Guest post by Karen at The Saving Cents Mom