It is so hard to believe that February is almost over. I feel like the holiday season was busier than usual. And it left this Mom completely drained! One of the biggest things I am dealing with right now is not enough quality family time. Between my work schedule, my husband’s work schedule, the kids’ schedules, I feel like time with family is hurried and rushed.
And. I. Don’t. Like. That.
Since being a Project Envolve ambassador, I love how we are challenged to dig deeper not only to save money on our utility bills, but to also improve the quality of our lives. Keep reading, I am sharing a FREE printable at the end of this post.
So how can you combine spending quality family time with saving money? I am so glad that you asked! There are lots of great family activities you can do, and many of them don’t require any electricity at all! Most are fairly inexpensive as well, and need very little prep time!
Quality Family Time Ideas:
- Get up and get outside. One of the most beneficial activities and uses the least amount of electric energy is to unplug yourself and get outside! Now that the snow is starting to go away, and it is staying light out longer, it is the perfect time to step away from the computer and go out and play as a family.
- Have a game night. Another fun and low-energy use activity is having a game night. We are partial to UNO, Apples to Apples, and anything Big Bang Theory. Whatever your favorite game is, make it a family night.
- Volunteer as a family. Feeling good that you are spending so much quality family time together? Spread the love! Head out as a family and pay it forward. Or help a neighbor in need. Whatever tugs on your heart, do it as a family!
- Make it movie night. Here is a great way to spend some quality family time together and save energy too! ENERGY STAR Blu-ray players* are, on average, 45% more efficient than conventional models. The money saved will go a long way towards new adventures together.
- Hang out in the kitchen. Another activity that perfectly combines quality family time with saving money. Remember all that food you ate over the holidays? Now you can pull out your slow cooker and create a new lower calorie dinner* for your family. Since the slow cooker does all the work, it’s more time together as a family! Make clean-up easy and inexpensive by using slow cooker liners*. I am sharing a link to a FREE printable at the end of this post to help you keep track of your freezer inventory!
- Hit the books. Activity books, that is. As many of you know, coloring is great for kids of all ages! And if you want even more ideas, check out something like The Giant Book of Creativity for Kids*.
See? It doesn’t have to be hard or expensive in order to spend some quality family time together. The benefits are worth the time and effort that you put into them. And just think, the money you save on your electric bill can be used for a fun family vacation.
Remember that FREE printable I promised you? Well here it is! Download and print out so that you can use it to keep track of your freezer inventory. Love this! Now you can make sure your food is as fresh as possible, which saves you money because you are not tossing out expired food!
How will you be spending some quality family time?
Did you like this post? Be sure to check out this recipe!
*Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links to products. These do not cost you anything more, but the small amount I get back helps to offset the costs of running this blog.