I have to laugh. Since I am now another year older and another year wiser, I look back and see how my choices in gifts has changed over the years. I remember when flowers and jewelry were at the top of the list. But now, things are so much different. So I thought I would share what real Moms want for birthday presents.
One of the funniest things I have learned is how your tastes change as you get older. I admit, when I was younger, diamonds were at the top of my list. Of course, my hubby complied with my tennis bracelet and diamond studs. I thought that jewelry was the only birthday gift out there.
Now that I have celebrated my 42nd birthday, jewelry is not as important as it once was. Don’t get me wrong, I love the Chamilia bracelet hubby got me for my 40th birthday. And I will never object to getting additional beads for it. But diamonds aren’t at the top of my list. What is? You’d be surprised.
What Real Moms Want For Birthday Presents:
- A Dyson Animal Vacuum. Okay, I kid you not about this gift. I have two pets that are old and shedding all over the place. Have a vacuum designed to eradicate hair would make me totally swoon!
- A Programmable Crockpot. For all those busy work nights when I need to make crockpot meals, of course.
- Wooden pantry for the garage. I have no place to store any of my appliances, so this would be awesome. A second one would be used to store paper and canned good.
- Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer. I haven’t done any real baking since my old mixer died. I want to change this by getting a new one!!
Here are a few more ideas for what real Moms want for birthday presents:
- A week off from menu planning and grocery shopping. This includes putting the stuff away.
- Time off from ironing. Oh wait, I hardly ever iron, but other Moms might like this idea.
- Have someone else switch over the summer clothes.
- Did I mention doing the grocery shopping?
- A day or two off from trying to find lost items.
- Have the kitchen floor scrubbed really well by someone other than her!
Okay, are you starting to get the idea here? I am finding that as I get older(and hopefully wiser) that material gifts aren’t so high on the list anymore. The simpler the better, and if they make doing housework easier, then they will really rank high!
What do you think real Moms want for birthday presents?
*Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. While they don’t cost you anything, they help me offset the costs of running this blog.