- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds beef stew meat cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped however you like it
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons shortening
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1(four-ounce)can mushrooms~drained
- 1 Tablespoon beef bouillon(I use the cubes, which equals 2 cubes)
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 drops red pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 package egg noodles, cooked as directed
~Mix flour, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Coat beef stew meat thoroughly with this mixture.
~Cook and stir onion and garlic in a large pan(preferable one that will have enough room to simmer) with the shortening until tender. Remove from pan and set aside.
~Cook and stir beef in same skillet until brown. Stir in onion, tomato sauce, beef bouillon, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper sauce. Heat to boiling.
~Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until beef is tender, around 1 hour.
~Make noodles as directed, drain, and place in pot with a small amount of butter to keep noodles from sticking
~Stir sour cream into meat mixture, and stir thoroughly
~Serve over noodles