Fall is definitely one of my favorite times of the year. Warm days, cool evenings, and a big excuse to do some cuddling. The only thing I probably don’t enjoy is Fall cleaning. So instead of cleaning, I created this simple Fall-themed gift basket to donate to our church’s basket social.
Every September, our church hosts its annual basket social. It is the single largest fundraiser at our church each Fall. We turn it into a complete family affair. From my kids helping to distribute baskets to the winners, to my husband lending a hand with clean-up, and my MIL with her baking. Someone is always helping.
Generally for me, my participation is limited to purchasing lots of tickets in an attempt to win a basket or two. More often than not, I am not a winner. But that’s okay, as the church is the big winner no matter what the outcome is.
This post is being brought to you by The Oriental Trading Company. While I received product in order to facilitate this post, all opinions are 100% my own. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
I am so excited to partner with The Oriental Trading Company to create a simple Fall-themed gift basket that I could donate to the church. Trouble is, it turned out so much better than I expected, that I may be using a lot of my tickets in order to win it!
How To Create This Simple Fall-Themed Gift Basket:
The Oriental Trading Company makes it so simple to get what you need to create this simple Fall-themed gift basket all in one place. The prices are so reasonable too! Be warned though, you may want to keep it for yourself. As I said earlier, I am not a crafty type of lady. But I am pleased with how this turned out. Keep reading to see step-by-step how I created the simple Fall-themed gift basket.
What you need to create the simple Fall-themed gift basket:
- I started with a simple white wicker basket I already had in the house. I added some white paper pieces to prop up the items so they could easily be seen.
- A cute Fall-themed wooden plaque. The Oriental Trading Company has such an amazing selection to choose from.
- I found these really cute pumpkins with sayings on them. Perfect for this simple Fall-themed gift basket.
- Next on the list you will need this adorable Halloween Train. The colors match perfectly.
- Last you need some colorful leaves in Fall colors to add a finishing touch.
How To Assemble The Simple Fall-Themed Gift Basket:
- Start with your basket and paper strips. The strips fill it up so you can properly showcase the products. Then add your Fall-themed plaque.
- Next, add the pumpkins. The colors work really well together.
- Arrange the train in the basket as well.
- Finally, arrange the Fall colored leaves in between to hide the white paper.
That’s it! So simple, yet it makes an absolutely gorgeous statement. I really do think I am going to be trying to win this basket that night.
After you have it arranged the way you want it, just cover it with clear plastic paper that is made for gift baskets. That’s it! In less than 20 minutes, I had the perfect basket to donate to a great cause!
How To Shop For The Simple Fall-Themed Gift Basket:
Here are the links to the products I used to create the basket.
So that’s everything you need to make this project. It is a great way to get the kids involved as well. Hope to hear that you made one as well. After all, I would rather create this then do Fall cleaning!