Today is my day off, which means it is errand day. On tap for my schedule today is my car inspection and oil change. Not my favorite thing, but it is a must do.
And I am proud that I have not waited until the last minute. Normally, I have it done 2 or 3 days before my inspection is due. So yay for me!
I always wait for my car, instead of having to worry about getting home. It also allows me to get a few things done while I am waiting. So today I am blogging instead of reading. Shocking, eh?
I am glad I waited, because people watching in the waiting room is a lot of fun. And very educational.
Want to know what I learned? Read on.
- Sitting in the waiting room subjects you to watching the news on TV. I hardly ever watch the news on TV, so this is similar to torture to me. Some of the news stories get me kind of hot under the collar. Check out this FB status for one of them.
- There is interesting things to read in magazines. Unfortunately, most of them are car magazines and I don’t know my piston from my axle.
- Strangers like to talk about their bathroom habits.
- My car dealership makes really good coffee. Which gives me an idea for a post for another day.
- Sitting in the waiting does not make me feel guilty about cruising Pinterest for new recipe ideas. After all, all I am doing is waiting, right?
- The gentleman next to me likes to sing while he’s waiting. And it is making me giggle.
- I learned that while you are sitting in a waiting room waiting, you add 7 more items to your to-do list. Yuck!
- You end wishing you could be eating a sausage sandwich for breakfast. However, the complimentary muffins they serve are a really good substitute.