Good Monday morning! It’s time to share my menu plan with you. But wait, it isn’t really a menu plan this week. We are so busy with things outside the house, that there isn’t any real reason to plan for this week. That is the trouble with menu planning sometimes, it doesn’t take into account those weeks when you are not home almost every night of the week.
Don’t get me wrong, I really love menu planning when I can. It’s just a lot harder now that my schedule is all over the place. And baseball. And school events. You get the idea. It frustrates this Mom to no end.
The Trouble With Menu Planning
A lot of people I know are always saying that I should use my crockpot more. I would love to do that, trouble is most of my crockpot recipes are geared towards the colder, winter months. I really need to work on that! My family is really picky as well, so it is harder to plan a menu to make on those nights that I am working 3-11. Most of my recipes require preparation before they are served, and since hubby puts in an almost 10-hour day most days, I don’t want him to have to come home and cook too.
So, I guess I need to check out some other recipe websites in order to get some crockpot(or slow-cooker as some people call it) recipes that my family will actually eat during these busy Spring/Summer nights. I found a great recipe for slow cooker honey garlic chicken that I am thinking will end up on my menu plan for next week.
But in any case, this is what my menu plan looks like for this week:
- Tonight: Sandwiches, as my two oldest men(hubby and oldest ds) have a baseball game. It’s usually eat-and-run for them. I work 3-11 tonight, and I have no idea what I am going to eat. Youngest wants elbow macaroni with butter.
- Tuesday: Probably going to make crockpot buffalo chicken cheesesteaks for them. I would share the recipe, but ZipList ate it, so I need to re-do it with my new Easy Recipe Plus plug-in.
- Wednesday: The boys are eating with my MIL, and hubby and I will be eating whatever they have at the rock concert we are going to.
- Thursday: Same as above, only our oldest son will be going with us.
- Friday: Headed out to a baseball game, so picnic food is on the menu.
- Saturday: Probably Chick-Fil-A and Chipotle. Their burrito bowls(especially the corn salsa) are my favorite.
So what do you do when your schedule doesn’t want to cooperate with menu planning? I don’t like not having a menu plan because we spend less money eating out. I know that it is just a short time longer that baseball will be wreaking havoc on our schedule, but it seems like cooking and menu planning will be on the back burner forever. What are your best suggestions? Do you have a slow cooker recipe that is great for the warmer months? Please leave the link in the comments!
This post is also linked to Menu Plan Monday.
Tags : menu planning