As I am sitting here blogging, I am looking at the calendar and can’t believe that there are only 15 days left of August. It is so amazing that summer has gone so fast. The boys received their new school schedules, the nights are getting shorter, and there is a slight chill in the air. Where has my beloved summer gone??
This is yet another difficult week for menu planning. Constant running, and just being sick of the same old thing has made it really difficult! So this is what I came up with for this week.
This week has the potential to be a slower week, so I am excited to actually be able to cook a few days. Hubby put in a few suggestions for a change, so it will be stuff they actually want to eat.
In any case, this is what I have cooking this week:
- Sunday: We had dessert for supper. No kidding. My IL’s took us to Rita’s for a treat, and that ended up being supper.
- Monday: I work 3-11, so the guys are on their own!
- Tuesday: Work again. I am sure the family will grab something on the go.
Belgium waffles! My oldest gets his braces on, so this will be a nice easy meal for him to eat.
- Thursday: Grilled cheese sandwiches with potato chips.
- Friday: Probably pizza. Or perhaps cheesesteaks. Or maybe something totally different.
- Saturday: I am going to talk hubby into taking us to Chili’s. Haven’t been there in a long time, but I could really eat some Cajun shrimp pasta.
So that is our menu plan for the week. I really need to work on making some new things, especially recipes in the crockpot for Monday and Tuesday nights. I know my family loves the same things, but I need some new dinner ideas to add to my menu plan.
What dinner ideas on your menu plan for this week?
More dinner ideas:
Crockpot Sausage Sandwiches/https://makingourlifematter.com/easy-crockpot-sausage-sandwiches/
Homemade Sloppy Joe’s/ https://makingourlifematter.com/homemade-sloppy-joes-2/
Healthy BLT Sandwiches/https://makingourlifematter.com/sandwich-thins-review/
* This post is also linked to Menu Plan Monday.