The task of making the weekly menu plan has been pushed to the side during the busy holiday season. But, alas, we must still eat, so I have to plan my menu for the week. I have been having trouble coming up with a weekly menu plan because I really am sick of eating. All the holiday foods and combinations have really thrown me for a loop. So it is time to get back to basics, and save time and money with our weekly menu plan. As always, when I do my menu plan, I link up to Menu Plan Monday.
Weekly Menu Plan For January 13th
- Sunday: We had oldest’s belated birthday dinner. MIL made a chicken dinner with all the fixings.
- Monday: Chicken Cordon Bleu and corn.
- Tuesday: DiGiorno™ Pizza.
- Wednesday: Spaghetti with meat sauce. I take spaghetti sauce from the jar, fry up some ground chicken, mix some spices, and it becomes sauce amazing!
- Thursday: Chicken tenders with augratin potatoes.
- Friday: TBD. The kids are at an overnight trip for Youth Group. Thinking it might be a date night.
- Saturday: I believe it will be the usual Saturday night menu: Chipotle.
I always seem to do better when I participate in Menu Plan Monday. We even stay on a sort of food budget. Did you happen to notice that we seem to love chicken and pasta? I need to plan to improve on some of those chicken choices by substituting healthier choices. Do you have any suggestions? Of course, things always change, especially on the nights when hubby is late, or I just don’t feel like cooking. But it is a great start, and great starts always lead to good things. If you want to get further inspiration, just click on the Menu Plan Monday graphic above, and you can see a lot of other menu plans.
So now that I have shared my menu plan for the week, what is cooking in your house?
Leave a comment, and I would love to come check it out.