Summer is here, and that means my favorite beach vacation is here! Every June, my family and I travel to Wildwood NJ for our annual 5 day trip. We look forward to it each year from the moment we end our current vacation. In fact, we book for the following year before we even leave.
I can’t even begin to describe how much this trip means to us. Seriously, it is really difficult to put it into words. It is something that you truly feel and something that gets ingrained in your soul.
So today I am sharing WHY this beach vacation is good for my soul.
- I can let go of work. This is the only place I can actually do that. It is hard to think about dealing with unruly customers when you are taking in the beauty of ocean and walking the Boardwalk.
- I can be barefoot. One of our favorite things to do in the morning is to go out beach combing. There is such peace in the morning, and it is always relaxing to discover new treasures.
- Uninterrupted time with the family. That really doesn’t need any explanation!
- The food. One of our favorite activities over the long Winter months is talk about our favorite places to eat. Stuffed french toast is my absolute favorite!
- Fun and games. A favorite activity of ours is to play at the arcades on the Boardwalk. There is such satisfaction in winning a big jackpot so you can trade tickets in for cool souvenirs.
Don’t forget that the Boardwalk also has some pretty awesome mini-golfing and an amazing waterpark.
So there are just a few reasons why a beach vacation is good for my soul. From the top of my head to the tips of my toes, the beach makes everything else seem far away. At least until we return home and back to reality.
What is your favorite part about a beach vacation?