Happy 2016! It is the time of year where many people take the the time do create New Year resolutions. Normally, I am all over that idea, because it is what everyone else is doing.
But not this year. This year I am being my own person. When it comes to blogging. Life. And, most certainly, New Year resolutions.
I am not saying that I am against them, not in the slightest. For me, they are a source of unending frustrations because I always fail to achieve them, which sets a bad tone for the rest of the year.
So this year, I decided that instead of creating New Year resolutions, I am just going to spend time living life. Instead of berating myself for failing, yet again, I am going to list the amazing things I plan on doing this year:
- Updating the blog! Yes, Making Our Life Matter will be changing it’s name and URL very soon. Stay tuned for more information, and be ready to update your bookmark.
- Keeping up with the housework! I admit it, I am determined not to fall behind this year. Even if it means losing a few minutes of sleep each day. Time to get back to the FlyLady method, and not fall off!
- Do what I love and love what I do. As most of you know, I work as a bookseller. The Christmas holiday took a big toll on my love for my job, and I am going to get that back.
- Start a vacation fund. We are headed on a long road trip in August, and I want it to be debt-free. So I am going to start an envelope system now, so that we can have as much saved now as we can. I will be sure to share it in the future.
- Get disconnected. By that, I mean less time spent on the computer and phone and tablet, and more outside time with the family. When it comes to my family, they are my priority.
So this is just the beginning of the New Year for me. We spent the last day of 2015 with family and friends, and it was time well spent. We created cozy memories and strengthened friendships, and it was the best thing possible.
Did you make any New Year resolutions?
Tags : New Year's & New Year's Eve