Hi everyone! My name is Jennifer, and I am a lifestyle blogger that takes all the pieces of family life and helps you, my readers, mesh those parts into YOUR ideal whole. Everyone’s story is different, and I embrace that. By offering a wide range of topics, I am helping you to find what best meets the needs for your particular family. After all, families aren’t one size fits all, and no one should make you stay inside the box.
So here’s me:
This is the love of my life and my inspiration. We recently celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary. I love him more now than the day we were married, and he is the reason why I am able to blog today. He is my unofficial proofreader, as is my oldest son. What would I do without them?
But really, who am I? Well, for instance, I am:
- A wife and mother first. Married since 1997 and the Mom to two teen boys.
- A lifestyle blogger since before 2011. Remember Xanga? I started out there before eventually moving to self-hosted.
- A FT bookseller. I specialize in children’s books, and it is my 3rd favorite accomplishment after my family & blog.
- The wrangler of 3 four-legged family members. A family just isn’t a family without tons of dog and cat hair.
Some other things you need to know about me:
- I love my coffee, espresso, and espresso in my coffee. Ever since I got my Keurig in 2012, I have been completely hooked on anything coffee. I love bold roasts, brew-over-ice, and even a good hot chocolate.
- Speaking of chocolate, it is one of my favorite foods. You want to get on my good side? Bring me chocolate! If you really want to be on my favorites list, then bring coffee and chocolate!
- I love reading. If I am not out running my kids to their various activities or doing housework, you will find me glued to the sofa with a book in my hand. I have a love of all genres, from kids books to the quintessential chick fiction novel.
- I love to travel with my family, and have enjoyed doing reviews on my blog and Trip Advisor as well. Check me out, I’d love to talk about the places I’ve been, or places I want to go.
- A long time ago, I used to be a RN. Gave it up to be able to be home with my family more, and I have never regretted it.
- Jeans and sweatshirts are my uniform of choice. Unless it’s Summer, then it’s shorts and bare feet!
To make sure that you know that you aren’t alone in the world when it comes to not having the perfect answer. It’s okay to say “I don’t know what the heck I am doing.” We all struggle at this thing called life, and together we can figure it all out.
Like what you see on Making Our Life Matter? See how you can work with me, and what I can do for you.