*I received compensation from Bayer Consumer Health, makers of MiraLAX® to write this post. MiraLAX® is a laxative used to treat occasional constipation. All opinions are entirely my own. #ReLAXOnTheGo #CollectiveBias
Every year, we look forward to going on vacation. It is a great time for family fun and bonding, and for enjoying new foods. Sometimes, however, all the excitement can make you a bit irregular, which can put a damper on your vacation. So today I am sharing So today I am sharing 5 tips for avoiding occasional constipation on the road.
Let’s face it, talking about having occasional constipation is not something you wish to talk about. But having a conversation about it can make a vacation much more enjoyable when you can enjoy all the fun things that make your trip amazing.
I know I learned the hard way, so it is a goal of mine to help others avoid the same discomfort. So here are my 5 tips for avoiding occasional constipation on the road.
5 Tips to Promote Digestive Health on the Road
- Make sure you are drinking a lot of water! Often when we are on vacation, we tend to indulge more. That can really mess up your system and bring on that pesky occasional constipation.
- Spend time walking. One way to help avoid occasional constipation is to make sure you are getting enough exercise to keep your digestive system moving. If you don’t enjoy walking, then swimming may be a great alternative.
- Get a little help. We sometimes need help to get over the occasional constipation we may get on vacation. This is where one of my favorite items comes in handy: MiraLAX® Mix-In Pax®. I found them at my local Target when I was shopping. Don’t you love that you can get everything you need in one place? You can find your nearest Target here. Just look for it in the digestive health aisle.Did you know that MiraLAX® works with the water in your body to hydrate, soften, and ease, unblocking your system naturally? Definitely a better option than stimulant laxatives that forcefully stimulate the nerves in your colon to help you go.
- Add some fiber to your diet. t’s hard sometimes to remember to have a little fiber when you are out and about and are enjoying all kinds of new foods. I found this great trail mix at Target to add to my vacation bag.
- Watch your portions and try not to mix too many foods. This is a REALLY hard thing for me to do! After all, the foods you have on vacation may not be available back home.
So there are my 5 tips to avoid occasional constipation on the road. Do you suffer from the occasional constipation when you are traveling? When you have MiraLAX® Mix-In Pax in your bag, you can relax knowing that it works with your body’s natural process to provide effective relief from occasional constipation. After all, who wants to deal with harsh side effects when they are on vacation?
And I love that I can mix the MiraLAX® Mix-In Pax right in my water because it is unflavored. I can get relief from the occasional constipation AND get my water at the same time. Score! As always, you need to use the pack as directed.
What tips do you have for avoiding occasional constipation on the road?