2 large eggs, beaten
1 cup whole milk
2 tablespoons chile hot sauce (such as Cholula)
2 pounds large peeled, deveined raw shrimp
3/4 cup (about 3 1/4 oz.) all-purpose flour
2/3 cup (about 2 7/8 oz.) cornmeal
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
For serving: lemon wedges, cocktail sauce, rémoulade (optional)
Step 1 :
Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches in a large deep skillet; heat over medium-high to 370°F.
While oil heats, whisk together eggs, milk, and hot sauce in a shallow dish; add shrimp to the mixture, and toss to coat.
Whisk together flour, cornmeal, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper in a separate shallow dish.
Step 2 :
Remove 6 to 8 shrimp from egg mixture, shaking excess off; dredge in flour mixture.
Place dredged shrimp in hot oil; fry until coating is golden and crisp, about 2 minutes.
Remove with a slotted spoon to a baking sheet lined with paper towels.
Repeat with remaining shrimp, bringing oil back to 370°F over medium-high heat before adding each batch of shrimp.
YOU MAY LIKE ALSO…..
- Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
- Best Ever Pepper Steak
- GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP PASTA
- Cajun Shrimp Deviled Eggs
- SHRIMP FRIED RICE
- Crockpot Mac and Cheese
- Shrimp and Broccoli Alfredo
- Oven Fried Potato With Onion
- Oxtails Recipe
- Meatloaf Recipe
- Baked BBQ Baby Back Ribs
- Cajun Pasta Shrimp and Chicken
- Sloppy Joe Sandwich￼￼
- GARLIC BUTTER JUICY PORK CHOPS
- CILANTRO LIME HONEY SHRIMP￼￼
- One Pan Meatball Casserole
- Crab stuffed Cheddar Bay Biscuit with a Lemon butter sauce
- Old Fashioned Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- Red Velvet Cheesecake
- Chocolate Wet Cake
- Zucchini Patties
- Vegetable Beef Soup
- Cajun Corn On The Cob ￼
- Fried Shrimps
- Fried green tomatoes
- Crockpot Lasagna
- Fried Potatoes and Onions and Peppers with Smoked Sausage
- Delicious Italian Meatloaf
- Beef Stew
- Hamburger steaks with onion gravy
- Homemade Beef Lo Mein
- Baked Chicken