° 1 pound lean ground beef
° 2 tablespoons of butter
° 1 small yellow onion, diced
° 1 small green pepper, diced
° 8 ounces sliced brown mushrooms
° 2 tablespoons of ketchup
° 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
° 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
° 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
° 1 tablespoon cornstarch
° 1 glass of beef broth
° 8 oz Provolone cheese slices, chopped (use 6 oz if you don’t want it very cheesy)
° 6 brioche hamburger buns
Add the ground beef to a large cast iron skillet (it browns very well) and brown until a nice brown crust appears before breaking the beef into pieces.
Stir the ground beef and brown until a deep crust appears on about 50% of the beef.
Remove the beef (you can leave the fat) and add the butter and the onions, then the peppers and mushrooms.
Brown for 1-2 minutes before stirring, then brown for another 1-2 minutes before stirring again.
Return the beef to the skillet.
In a small cup mix the beef broth and cornstarch together
Add the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, black pepper, beef broth/cornstarch mixture to the pan.
Cook until the mixture is slightly liquid (about 75% of the mixture is above liquid), 3-5 minutes.
Turn off the heat, add the provolone cheese.
Served on toasted brioche buns.
YOU MAY LIKE ALSO…..
- Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
- Best Ever Pepper Steak
- GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP PASTA
- Cajun Shrimp Deviled Eggs
- SHRIMP FRIED RICE
- Crockpot Mac and Cheese
- Shrimp and Broccoli Alfredo
- Oven Fried Potato With Onion
- Oxtails Recipe
- Meatloaf Recipe
- Baked BBQ Baby Back Ribs
- Cajun Pasta Shrimp and Chicken
- Sloppy Joe Sandwich￼￼
- GARLIC BUTTER JUICY PORK CHOPS
- CILANTRO LIME HONEY SHRIMP￼￼
- One Pan Meatball Casserole
- Crab stuffed Cheddar Bay Biscuit with a Lemon butter sauce
- Old Fashioned Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- Red Velvet Cheesecake
- Chocolate Wet Cake
- Zucchini Patties
- Vegetable Beef Soup
- Cajun Corn On The Cob ￼
- Fried Shrimps
- Fried green tomatoes
- Crockpot Lasagna
- Fried Potatoes and Onions and Peppers with Smoked Sausage
- Delicious Italian Meatloaf
- Beef Stew
- Hamburger steaks with onion gravy
- Homemade Beef Lo Mein
- Baked Chicken