°4 bone-in pork chops cut down the center, 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick
°1 1/2 teaspoons salt*
°1 teaspoon black pepper
°1 tablespoon olive oil
°1 large white onion, halved and sliced
°8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
°2 tablespoons of butter
°2 garlic cloves, minced
°2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
°2 cups of chicken broth
Ihave 4 center-cut chops here, and I’m going to season them with a generous amount of salt and black pepper.
You will need to slice 1 white onion and slice 8 ounces of mushrooms, and you can use white or cremini mushrooms for this.
Next, we’re going to take our chops to the stove, where I have a heavy cast iron skillet that heats up over medium-high heat.
We will sear them until they are golden brown, about 3 or 4 minutes on each side.
So once mine are seared, I’m going to transfer them to a baking dish, and I’m going to finish them in the oven.
Looking for an internal temperature of 145 degrees on these pork chops.
Next, we will add a little olive oil to this pan, and we will add the mushrooms and onion and sauté them.
These will take about 5-7 minutes to become tender.
Once these are soft, we will add 2 tablespoons of butter, and let it melt, and 2 minced garlic cloves.
We’re going to let this garlic sauté for about 60 seconds while the butter also melts.
Once the butter is melted, you sprinkle in 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour and mix until you no longer see any white dots.
Then we will pour 2 cups of chicken broth.
Then we’re going to kind of mix that up and bring it to a boil, and as it heats up, that flour will thicken things up into a nice sauce.
Next, I’m going to take my chops out of the oven, then put them back with this sauce.
Your smothered pork chops are ready!
YOU MAY LIKE ALSO…..
- Cajun shrimp and steak
- FRIED RICE CHICKEN AND STEAK AND SHRIMP￼￼
- Baked legs with cream of mushroom
- Pan fried with garlic butter and potatoes￼
- Jerk chicken with beans and Rice
- STRAWBERRY CRUNCH CHEESECAKE CONES
- Henny Butter Shrimp
- Baked Ziti with Shrimp
- Cheese Shrimp Penne Pasta and Spinach
- Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever
- BEST HAM SANDWICHES YOU WILL EVER HAVE
- HONEY GARLIC TURKEY WINGS
- Cheesy Garlic Scalloped Potato
- STRAWBERRY CUPCAKES
- Southern Fried Chicken
- Brown Sugar Peach Cake￼￼
- OLD FASHIONED MEATLOAF
- CHICKEN SALAD SANDWICH￼￼
- Mexican Street Corn
- Baked Fried Chicken
- Apple Pie Biscuits
- HAMBURGER STEAK WITH ONIONS AND GRAVY
- Homemade Meatloaf ￼
- Stuffed Cabbages Rolls
- Steak Bites with Garlic Butter
- Homemade Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks Recipe
- Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken
- The great banana pudding ever￼￼
- Spicy Southern Fried Chicken
- Pineapple Upside Down Cheesecake￼
- Homemade Hibachi Dinner
- Beef Stroganoff ￼