Funnel Cake Batter:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
Frying and Serving:
3 cups vegetable oil, or canola oil
powdered sugar, optional
caramel sauce, optional
marshmallow fluff, optional
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
In another bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, milk and vanilla together until frothy.
Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and blend until smooth, ensuring no lumps.
Add oil to a medium saucepan or deep fryer and heat to 350°F (177°C). Set aside a wire rack or a plate lined with paper towel.
Add batter to squeeze bottle or medium funnel.
Pipe the batter into hot oil 5-7 straight lines at a time. Fry 30-60 seconds or until golden brown.
Using a mesh strainer or slotted spoon, carefully remove fries to the prepared rack or plate.
Dust with optional powdered sugar and serve with optional dipping sauce.
YOU MAY LIKE ALSO…..
- Delicious Beetroot and Lemon Juice Cleans Colon Waste and Loses Weight
- This is one of my favorite dishes ever. Every time I make a batch, it’s gone in minutes
- PECAN PIE CHEESECAKE RECIPE
- Perk Up Your taste Buds With Perfectly Parmesan Chicken Casserole
- Cornish Beef Pasties
- Tuna stuffed deviled eggs
- Mama’s Cornbread Dressing
- INDIAN FRYBREAD RECIPE
- This recipe is better than most Chinese takeout versions
- Slow Cooker Green Chile Chicken Casserol
- The Best Crispy Roast Potatoes Ever Recipe
- Stuffing Balls
- MOM’S FAMOUS CREAM PUFFS
- Brown Sugar Carmel Pound Cake
- Banana Bread Brownies
- Yorkshire puddings
- This is one of my all-time favorite dishes, and it never fails to impress
- LOADED CAJUN POTATO
- Wrap potatoes in tin foil and put in crock pot. Enjoy this lip-smacking result
- My mother-in-law made this for dinner, and it was an absolute sensation, had to score the recipe
- I make this recipe often and everyone always raves about them
- This recipe only lasted 30 mins in my house
- Easy Creamy Corn Casserole
- CHEESY TACO CASSEROLE
- THREE CHEESE BEEF LASAGNA
- I’ve yet to attend a party where this isn’t an instant hit with everyone
- Pioneer Woman Sausage Gravy
- Limoncello Tiramisu
- Pillsbury Crescent Roll Taco Bake
- Stove Top Meatloaf
- Caramel Pecan Dream Bars
- This is my hubby’s fave dish, but I’m often in a crunch and have no time for anything fancy. This recipe is like a cheat code