1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce (I use reduced sodium)
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
optional: 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
1 lb medium uncooked shrimp, peeled & deveined1
2 teaspoons olive oil
optional: chopped green onion for garnish
Whisk the honey, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger (if using) together in a medium bowl.
Place shrimp in a large zipped-top bag or tupperware. Pour 1/2 of the marinade mixture on top, give it all a shake or stir, then allow shrimp to marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or for up to 8-12 hours. Cover and refrigerate the rest of the marinade for step 3. (Time-saving tip: while the shrimp is marinating, I steamed broccoli and microwaved some quick brown rice.)
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Place shrimp in the skillet. (Discard used marinade2.) Cook shrimp on one side until no longer pink– about 45 seconds– then flip shrimp over. Pour in remaining marinade and cook it all until shrimp is cooked through, about 1 minute more.
Serve shrimp with cooked marinade sauce and a garnish of green onion. The sauce is excellent on brown rice and steamed veggies on the side.
You can remove the tail or leave it on. Whatever’s easiest!
Using leftover marinade is a debated topic. While you could boil it to rid any contamination, the flavor could possibly change. But do what you’d like. Usually I just make a little extra (like we do here) to use as the sauce.
YOU MAY LIKE ALSO…..
- Delicious Beetroot and Lemon Juice Cleans Colon Waste and Loses Weight
- This is one of my favorite dishes ever. Every time I make a batch, it’s gone in minutes
- PECAN PIE CHEESECAKE RECIPE
- Perk Up Your taste Buds With Perfectly Parmesan Chicken Casserole
- Cornish Beef Pasties
- Tuna stuffed deviled eggs
- Mama’s Cornbread Dressing
- INDIAN FRYBREAD RECIPE
- This recipe is better than most Chinese takeout versions
- Slow Cooker Green Chile Chicken Casserol
- The Best Crispy Roast Potatoes Ever Recipe
- Stuffing Balls
- MOM’S FAMOUS CREAM PUFFS
- Brown Sugar Carmel Pound Cake
- Banana Bread Brownies
- Yorkshire puddings
- This is one of my all-time favorite dishes, and it never fails to impress
- LOADED CAJUN POTATO
- Wrap potatoes in tin foil and put in crock pot. Enjoy this lip-smacking result
- My mother-in-law made this for dinner, and it was an absolute sensation, had to score the recipe
- I make this recipe often and everyone always raves about them
- This recipe only lasted 30 mins in my house
- Easy Creamy Corn Casserole
- CHEESY TACO CASSEROLE
- THREE CHEESE BEEF LASAGNA
- I’ve yet to attend a party where this isn’t an instant hit with everyone
- Pioneer Woman Sausage Gravy
- Limoncello Tiramisu
- Pillsbury Crescent Roll Taco Bake
- Stove Top Meatloaf
- Caramel Pecan Dream Bars
- This is my hubby’s fave dish, but I’m often in a crunch and have no time for anything fancy. This recipe is like a cheat code